Please help Seven

madcatter

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm the proud Mama of 4 rescues. My latest adventure is a felv+ named Seven. Seven was left behind when the family who adopted him moved away and someone elses cat attacked him several times. He had wounds on his 'forearms' like he was in defense. The boy nextdoor stopped him from crawling into the sewer to die and waited for us to return from picking up the food for my uncle's funeral. So off to the emergency vet we went, where Seven spent 3 days on fluids and getting rest. They stitched him up, told us he was FELV+, had to live inside and sent us on our way with medicine and a quick stop at wally world for some supplies.

Seven was a mess. Bandage changes daily. Cleaning the largest possible crate that I could fit in mom's Honda Civic while giving him enough room to lay down, have a litter pan and of course his food and water sometimes twice(...3x) a day. Finally he healed up enough to go the vet for flea, tick and heartworm and other shots. The Petco crap doctor told me, after not even really examining poor bandaged Seven - it was OK to give him heartworm meds without being tested for heartworm. That it was so super contagious I couldn't possibly have negative cats and him in the same house, I should use bleach on my hands after handling him and he was never going to get Better. I totally left in a huff and we drove home to NY from Charlotte. I started a GoFundMe page bc I needed a cage to keep him in that's larger than the dog crate he was living in, as he has no interest in being out of the crate and I still need to get him neutered. My friend who is a vet tech removed his stitches a few weeks after the initial incident.
Since, Seven has gained weight, thankfully and his super large head looks normal now. I've been giving him half of an adult pill of l-lysine(I'm blanking on the dose RN) he also gets 1/8 tsp of Apple cider vinegar in his wet food daily.
I'm not sure what else to do. If any one has any tips I'd gladly accept...

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
MOD NOTE:

To all members, a reminder that it is YOUR responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized. Be very careful before you send any money: no matter how effective the plea is, check it out first before opening your wallet.

Please note that this is a generic note added after all pleas for money.