Please Help Save My Kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tinycat000

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If you cannot help the kitten then you need to have it put to sleep. She will not just "be okay." She is suffering. I suggested prednisone for her lungs and a vest to elevate her chest.

You need to spay your adult females. It is not a laughing matter. It is unhealthy for them to have litter after litter, and since you cannot afford proper care, you need to stop the breeding.

Your kittens and the skinny mama cat need access to unlimited dry food and wet food 4 times a day.

For whatever reason the skinny mama cat needs way more food. She sounds like she is starving.

Do you need help finding a low cost spay clinic?
Um, I'm not breeding my cats. Bella got pregnant completely by accident, we tried everything to stop it, and midnight was scheduled to be neutered just days after it was too late. We had them separated completely, but midnight somehow escaped overnight and went to bella, and thats how this happened. I'm only going to put this kitten down as an absolute last resort, and continue doing everything in my power to try and get her the healthy life she deserves. Right now she doesn't seem to be in pain, like I mentioned earlier she doesnt even know anything is wrong with her. She runs, plays, climbs, loves, etc. She just needs help developing correctly, so I'm definitely not going to put her down until I have a very good reason to. I love this cat like a daughter, I sat with her as she was born, and helped her grow up safely thus far. Bella isn't starving, I feed my cats adequately, and she's the only one with issues. I've even started giving her 3x that normal diet like I mentioned earlier. They've always had acess to their leftovers and their treats throughout the day, and this feeding style has always worked for us. I've had happy cats my entire life. Bella has health issues, no one knows what's exactly wrong with her, I suspect that this is just part of those issues..

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Please get prednisone for the kitten and make a vest for it right away. It won't hurt and can only help the rib cage.

Tinycat000

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Please get prednisone for the kitten and make a vest for it right away. It won't hurt and can only help the rib cage.
I have no problem with that. The vest won't cave in her ribs even more?

Tinycat000

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have bad news.. I've been crying all day, and I'm still almost too upset to type this out, but you all wanted to keep updated, and I hope all this will at least shed more light on her condition... And help kitten owners to not make the same mistakes I did. Today, out of the blue, snowflake suddenly seemed a lot worse. I can take her to the vet, which opens at 8 in the morning tomorrow. I hope to be there exactly then. Right now I'm drinking tons and tons of coffee to make sure she makes it through the night. Her breathing is suddenly worse, shes suddenly panting with her mouth open, and she has slept through this entire day only getting up once or twice. Shes refusing to eat, and keeps hiding. Her body temperature is low, and... She seems to be in pain now... Tomorrow I will probably have to make a terrible and hard decision. Giving her a couple energy-rich milk syringes seems to have worked for now, though. I can't help but think about how she's begun to stare up at me, like her brother did shortly before he passed. She meowed at me, twice, and she never meows. Like she's saying "Help..!" It breaks my heart. This kitty trusts me with her life.

Here's a video on the topic, and maybe snowflakes finally moments, a quick read of the description might do people some good:
I will keep you updated.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What has happened with her?

I'm sorry that you have refused my advice to get her prednisone, antibiotics, and a vest.

Tinycat000

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What has happened with her? I'm sorry that you refused my advice to get her prednisone and a vest.
I didn't refuse your advice actually, I never did, thank you. Every time you reply so you have to be so rude? Snowflake wasn't put down, the vet gave her a shower and some antibiotics. I requested the prednisone. They didn't recommend putting a vest on her, and said it would be a bad idea to do so. This would have happened whether I followed your advice or not, unsurprisingly. (:
Snowflake is feeling much better, is eating well, and running around all over like a happy kitten. Her life isn't going to last long, but we had kind of expected that, even while hoping she would "just be okay". Its better to keep a *positive* outlook, we're giving her the best life we can.

Tinycat000

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I didn't refuse your advice actually, I never did, thank you. Every time you reply so you have to be so rude? Snowflake wasn't put down, the vet gave her a shower and some antibiotics. I requested the prednisone. They didn't recommend putting a vest on her, and said it would be a bad idea to do so. This would have happened whether I followed your advice or not, unsurprisingly. (:
Snowflake is feeling much better, is eating well, and running around all over like a happy kitten. Her life isn't going to last long, but we had kind of expected that, even while hoping she would "just be okay". Its better to keep a *positive* outlook, we're giving her the best life we can.
A shot* not a shower.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why does the vet think the vest wouldn’t help, and what would be the harm in trying?

Tinycat000

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The vest actually does the exact opposite of what you are saying.
I've heard other people say the same as the vet and I, so I think I'll choose to believe the vet. I'm not sure if you know exactly what I'm talking about.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I were you, I would try the vest for a few hours and see how she responds. You will notice quickly if it makes her breathing better or worse.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Vets do not know everything. What is your vet's personal experience with flat-chested kittens?