Please Help Save Flynn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Note that this reminder is posted in all threads asking for donations and is not directed at any specific person.

From the Mods:
To all members, a reminder that it is YOUR responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Ask for references, phone numbers, call around the area and find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized. Be very careful before you send any money: no matter how effective the plea is, check it out first before opening your wallet. For more information, see Pleas for Money.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JohnT

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Note that this reminder is posted in all threads asking for donations and is not directed at any specific person.

From the Mods:
To all members, a reminder that it is YOUR responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Ask for references, phone numbers, call around the area and find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized. Be very careful before you send any money: no matter how effective the plea is, check it out first before opening your wallet. For more information, see Pleas for Money.
This is authentic, I know that this is just coming from me but I have owned Flynn for 7 years and he means the world to me. I'm just not the kind of person with social media, personally it affects my mental health in a bad way. I don't know if that means no internet help because of that but I wanted to at least try.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
JohnT JohnT , I what a beautiful cat Flynn is! Is he still in the hospital or what is his status right at this moment? Is he on medication, etc? The more information you provide on your GoFundMe, the better, I've found. Also, it seems that once any donation is made, even if it's by YOU, that seems to get the ball rolling. Since you don't have an internet presence, presumably no Facebook page, etc, try contacting all your family and friends and ask them to post on their FB pages and also ask them to donate on your GoFundMe page to show paople how interested others are in saving Flynn. Don't ask me why, but seriously, once donations start, they seem to keep rolling in.

Best of luck to you and Flynn.

JohnT

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
JohnT JohnT , I what a beautiful cat Flynn is! Is he still in the hospital or what is his status right at this moment? Is he on medication, etc? The more information you provide on your GoFundMe, the better, I've found. Also, it seems that once any donation is made, even if it's by YOU, that seems to get the ball rolling. Since you don't have an internet presence, presumably no Facebook page, etc, try contacting all your family and friends and ask them to post on their FB pages and also ask them to donate on your GoFundMe page to show paople how interested others are in saving Flynn. Don't ask me why, but seriously, once donations start, they seem to keep rolling in.

Best of luck to you and Flynn.
Thanks! He is currently in the hospital. They said that it is possible for surgery to successfully treat the saddle thrombus, but since he has the congestive heart failure they cannot do the surgery. The only real option we had was to receive an oxygen treatment and hope he can come out of this. They asked me again today if I wanted to euthanize him because he is not getting better and cats in this circumstance usually do not do too well, but we are holding out for him. I have no idea if this is the right thing to do, but we are cat people and we are very attached to Flynn. Thank you for responding though and what do you recommend I add to the gofundme? I'll let some family that are on Facebook know that I am trying to spread the word.

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thanks! He is currently in the hospital. They said that it is possible for surgery to successfully treat the saddle thrombus, but since he has the congestive heart failure they cannot do the surgery. The only real option we had was to receive an oxygen treatment and hope he can come out of this. They asked me again today if I wanted to euthanize him because he is not getting better and cats in this circumstance usually do not do too well, but we are holding out for him. I have no idea if this is the right thing to do, but we are cat people and we are very attached to Flynn. Thank you for responding though and what do you recommend I add to the gofundme? I'll let some family that are on Facebook know that I am trying to spread the word.
Well, as far as what to add to your GoFundMe, I would definitely state that he is currently in the Vet Hospital, and that until they get the congestive heart failure under control they cannot do surgery to treat the saddle thrombus. People need to know why the amount is so high and in a way, why you need help financially (lost job due to Covid, hours cut due to Covid, savings depleted due to whatever, that sort of thing.

Are they not treating the Congestive Heart Failure with any medication? Just asking this because we have several members who have cats with this, and most of them are on medication vs oxygen. How about pain meds for the saddle thrombus? My understanding is that it is extremely painful :frown: You are in a terrible position here. It is true that most cats who have a saddle thrombus are euthanized immediately even without having a heart condition, as far as I know. That being said, we have had a couple of members whose cats have survived it. Again, not sure if any of them had CHF or not.

I'm so sorry you and Flynn are going through this :alright:. My heart aches for you.

BNE

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You poor thing. It's so hard to go through what you have been going through. Unfortunately though, with so many organisations and people to donate to, it can be really hard to source funding/donations for your pet unless of course your story is very unique or different. I understand what you said about social media, but unfortunately that's the way the world works now. My heart aches for you and Flynn. May I ask Flynn's age though if you know it?

JohnT

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well, as far as what to add to your GoFundMe, I would definitely state that he is currently in the Vet Hospital, and that until they get the congestive heart failure under control they cannot do surgery to treat the saddle thrombus. People need to know why the amount is so high and in a way, why you need help financially (lost job due to Covid, hours cut due to Covid, savings depleted due to whatever, that sort of thing.

Are they not treating the Congestive Heart Failure with any medication? Just asking this because we have several members who have cats with this, and most of them are on medication vs oxygen. How about pain meds for the saddle thrombus? My understanding is that it is extremely painful :frown: You are in a terrible position here. It is true that most cats who have a saddle thrombus are euthanized immediately even without having a heart condition, as far as I know. That being said, we have had a couple of members whose cats have survived it. Again, not sure if any of them had CHF or not.

I'm so sorry you and Flynn are going through this :alright:. My heart aches for you.
Hey, I am sorry to respond back to you so late. Sadly we had to put Flynn down, they told us he wasn't going to make it and the best thing to do was to euthanize him. With the gofundme, maybe I should have put more into it and that's my bad. I'm just going to delete it now. Also Flynn was on pain medication for the saddle thrombus, but he wasn't on any medication for the congestive heart failure. We were told the only real treatment for that was the oxygen treatment. Thanks for all of the kind words and support.

JohnT

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You poor thing. It's so hard to go through what you have been going through. Unfortunately though, with so many organisations and people to donate to, it can be really hard to source funding/donations for your pet unless of course your story is very unique or different. I understand what you said about social media, but unfortunately that's the way the world works now. My heart aches for you and Flynn. May I ask Flynn's age though if you know it?
Yes it has been hard on the whole family. Yeah I completely understand that, I know I probably went about the whole gofundme wrong. Also Flynn was 7. Thank you for the support and care.

• Hugging
Reactions: BNE

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about Flynn :alright:. You and your family have my deepest sympathy.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear this JohnT JohnT It sounds like the fund raising wouldn't have helped in this case, please don't beat yourself up about it.

:hugs:

We always lock the threads as a sign of respect when a cat passes away. When you feel ready it might help to start a thread in Flynn's memory in our Crossing the Bridge forum.

Rest in peace Flynn. You will be missed

Status
Not open for further replies.