PLEASE HELP!! my kitten might be sick but i can’t figure out what it is

rosezenna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 4th month bengal kitten has been having diarrhea for the past month now. At first we thought it was the food so we switched back to what the previous owner was giving her and her diarrhea turned from green to brown so we thought she was getting better, but i’m still concerned. We first noticed that she would have diarrhea and not groom herself after so then she would go around and sit in different spots in the house leaving poop behind. She also walks around and little puddles of poop come out. I don’t think she notices it is happening so she doesn’t groom herself. She also has a weird smell to her. When she first came she had that smell so we gave her a small little bath but now she smells worse. We don’t know what’s wrong. It’s making me so upset. She barley plays and likes to hide a lot compared to our other kitten. There are days where she purrs randomly and I know that sometimes purring might not be a good things. She has dry eyes and a runny nose. Please help us. We believe she might have worms but we don’t know how we can tell before we take her to the vet. I took a picture of of her anus and she has dry stuff around it. i added a picture below. her diarrea smells so bad it sticks up the whole room. we don’t know what to do

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosezenna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
we will be taking her to the vet this week we just want extra input from other cat owners!! anything helps

crystal dawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There's no way to tell its worms without a vet visit. Though, this could be a number of things that I won't list here. A vet will be able to help you get to the bottom of it. I'm not sure what to suggest without knowing the cause, as constipation can also cause what you're describing as well as many other things. All I can suggest is getting her into the vet asap.

Lazy Orange House Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That looks so sore. You can put a little vaseline on it to soothe it. When you bathe her, make sure you're getting her as (gently) dry as possible before applying vaseline to the area. My little guy had a backside like that until we figured out what was wrong and its awful. I hope your veterinarian can help the little creature.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! This has gone on for a long time and your cat needs to see the vet as quickly as you can get her in. If there might be cancellations, you could ask to be called. She has a number of symptoms and they don't all necessarily add up to worms. She began these symptoms at 3 months, also very young to have such a cluster of issues.