Please Help My Cat Won't Cover Her Poop

Help1111345

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two cats and one of them will not cover her poop. As a result of this both of my cats have been walking in her uncovered poop and getting poop all over their feet and tracking it around the house. They also sometimes poop together in the litter box and get their feet dirty. Is their anything at all I can do to get my cat to cover her poop? I really don't want to get rid of her.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2:

I don't think it is uncommon for a cat to not cover their poop. In fact, my Ruby is 50/50 on doing so. However, most of the time the consistency is such that if she stepped in it, it wouldn't really be messy. Therefore, I'm wondering whether your cat has a softer, more like diarrhea poop.

Also, how many litter boxes do you have? The "rule" is one for every cat, plus one. So with your 2 cats, that would be 3 litter boxes. I've read that 2 cats can get along fine with just one litter box, however, if your cats are needing to use the box at the same time, perhaps you need another one..

Also, how old are your cats? They are generally very clean animals, and I'm surprised that they would be regularly stepping in cat poop.