Please help!! Is my cat pregnant?

Alfie.G44

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello, i was wondering if anyone could please help me and tell me what's going on with my cat, we think she's pregnant as we did see her do it with a male cat and a few others. So it would make sense if she is, she hasn't been sprayed. And are just extremely worried why she keeps bleeding pinkish-red blood from her V, and was wondering if that's a sign she might go into labour or if it's something serious like an infection etc. We rang the vet yesterday and told them everything and they said she sounds pregnant but she's been bleeding like this 3 days now (today is the 3rd day) and are just hoping that someone can help us on here who knows about cats and if this is normal and what might be going on.

She has been showing a few signs of what a pregnant cat would, like being more affectionate, eating a lot more, very protected of when someone or we touch her belly. Plus she has weight gain.

Thank you, we hope we can get some helpful answers soon! :)

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
hello, i was wondering if anyone could please help me and tell me what's going on with my cat, we think she's pregnant as we did see her do it with a male cat and a few others. So it would make sense if she is, she hasn't been sprayed. And are just extremely worried why she keeps bleeding pinkish-red blood from her V, and was wondering if that's a sign she might go into labour or if it's something serious like an infection etc. We rang the vet yesterday and told them everything and they said she sounds pregnant but she's been bleeding like this 3 days now (today is the 3rd day) and are just hoping that someone can help us on here who knows about cats and if this is normal and what might be going on.

She has been showing a few signs of what a pregnant cat would, like being more affectionate, eating a lot more, very protected of when someone or we touch her belly. Plus she has weight gain.

Thank you, we hope we can get some helpful answers soon! :)
WHEN did the mating happened? Pregnancy is usually about 65 days.
In the end of pregnancy, some bleeding is rather common. Not alive blood perhaps, as it seems on the pic, but watery red colored fluids is common...

Anyways, if you have access to any decent vet, and you dont manage get confirmation its a normal pregnancy, to only way to play it safe is to let a vet check her up. And its better sooner than later.
Why, this may be wise even if it IS a normal pregnacy.... This way, you are his paying customer, and it will be easier to phone questions and expect answers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Alfie.G44

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
probably about 2 months ago yeah ive rang a few up, but they only have something on tuesday so will take her then. thanks

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree with StefanZ StefanZ that your cat needs to see a vet. The bright red blood is very concerning. If it gets heavier she may need an emergency vet. As Stefan said, pre-labor discharge is usually a pinkish color, so this is definitely not normal.

It’s possible that she may be miscarrying. Do keep a close watch on her. The fact she’s been experiencing red blood for 3 days is not a positive sign. If her behavior changes or she develops fever or more bleeding, please get her seen ASAP. There may be an issue with her pregnancy or uterine infection that could endanger her life or that of any unborn kittens.

If possible, I suggest you get her seen sooner than Tuesday.

Please do keep us posted!

Alfie.G44 Alfie.G44

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Alfie.G44

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi yeah we take her to the vet today and it's just a cut thankfully and we found out she's pregnant thanks for your help 😀

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
aha, so the bleeding hadnt nothing to do with the pregnancy, although she WAS pregnant.
It was a cut... I presume the cut had to be seen anyways... as it apparently didnt healed itself.