Please help, cat acne!?

Nancinewport

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We took our cat Leo to the vet about ten days ago and they gave him a shot and it cleared up... they didn't really say what it was (implied acne) but now its on the other eye... (my husband didn't know if it was a steroid or antibiotic shot) it was $125 and I'll take him again I just don't understand how it could be acne.... please help :(

Attachments

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's not acne. Feline acne doesn't affect the eye area. You'll typically find acne around the mouth and chin as little black specks. You should take your cat to another vet for a proper diagnosis. Bring copies of the most recent medical records with you and be sure to ask questions and get answers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nancinewport

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He did have the chin acne with the first episode and it also went away after the shot... nothing is adding up, if it was an Infection and cleared up why would it show up on the opposite side? Or ringworm

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I suppose it could be ringworm, since you mentioned it, but if it were, they should have given you specific medication to deal with it. Special shampoos, oral medications, dips. I would get him back in to see someone right away, especially if ringworm was mentioned as it's quite contagious, even to humans. (and BTW, I don't think there are any injections that help with ringworm :frown:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nancinewport

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the response, we have an appointment today!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks more like an infection to me. I would bet they give an antibiotic. Ringworm is more round and spreads like mad, it would be all over you by now. it looks more like a wound. Get some topical wound salve/spray for cats at your local farm supply store to help. All the luck and keep us informed!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What time is the appointment? Any updates yet? Just very curious as to what this is.