Pink nose turning black

CarlWinslow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yesterday we noticed black around Bella’s nose she usually has a completely pink nose with white around it no black. So yesterday we noticed black around her nose and black spots on her fur. Today she had black around her nose and even more spots above her nose and also black dripping from her eyes. Does anyone have any ideas what this could be?
image.jpg

4BB11BF5-7092-4CC4-9163-7EBEE4E6A5E7.jpeg
407515DC-8449-47A8-9136-A477C89A1C5C.jpeg
E0E7095D-D5EF-4F0E-9409-86AEECB92CD6.jpeg

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site to you and your beautiful kitty! There is a condition known as lentigo simplex which is not skin cancer which can appear on a cat's nose. It is often more on orange cats, calico, and tortie cats. However, we cannot diagnose this for you and I am a little concerned that her eye is partially closed in the last pic.

I would show a pic to the vet, if he will accept that, at the least. If not, it will not be a huge office visit for him to check, especially if it is just the condition I mentioned.

Others may respond; but just so you understand my perspective, I did have a cat with skin cancer in his ear and a dog with melanoma so I always get skin issues checked out. Not saying that your cat has skin cancer as both of mine looked quite different from your kitty, but I would still check.