Pink Growth on Paw Pads (pictures included)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Little.Cat.Lady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It is soft or hard? Like an abrasion or smooth? Does the cat limp, lick it, favor the foot? Bleeding or swelling? Is the cat well otherwise?
Its soft and smooth, I've seen her bite it a few times, its not bleeding but it looks a bit swollen, she's healthy otherwise, she's been walking fine and let me touch it so no pain

Little.Cat.Lady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recently noticed a pinky lump on the bottom of my cat's left paw and I'm not sure what it is? Could someone help?
She's an old cat (she turns 15 in june) and an indoor cat so she doesn't get up to much but she did burn her paws a months ago by jumping onto the stove (it was off but still hot) and we took her to the vet and she healed completely but I'm worried she may have reopened the wound somehow and infected or if its an allergic reaction.

Little.Cat.Lady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's an old cat (she turns 15 in june) and an indoor cat so she doesn't get up to much but she did burn her paws a months ago by jumping onto the stove (it was off but still hot) and we took her to the vet and she healed completely but I'm worried she may have reopened the wound somehow and infected or if its an allergic reaction.
I've looked more closely at her other paws but they don't have any noticeable bumps, only one of her back paws also has slightly swolen paw pads. I saw a post about a similar situation where a cat had something called Feline Plasma Cell Pododermatitis, I'm not sure if that's the case with my cat so I still will be taking her to the vet soon, things are still closed where I am due to covid so most places are emergency only and I will have to be put on a waiting list to get a check up. (Attached are pictures of the back paw)

Attachments

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
This is very similar to what happened to my kitty, Captain Jack. He ended up getting a very, very tiny cut on his paw, between the pads, then ended up stepping in pee or poop and it became infected. The first try was fluids (he was actually running a bit of a fever) and a low dose of antibiotics. That didn't take care of it, so the second vet trip they gave him an antibiotic that would stay in his system for longer, and that took care of it. I'm not at home at the moment, so I'm not sure of the name of the second antibiotic.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
So it is good that she is not in pain and you can get to the vet as soon as you can. What is affecting the different paws may not be the same thing, so it is good to get it checked out.