Pill cutter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Lishae Aluminum Pill Cutter Pill Splitter with Safety Shield
My hands trimmer bad after taking my pills. I have to cut one of them in half. The one I have is old,v shaped. I have trouble using it. Would this kind make it easier?
Amazon.com

Last edited:

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had some luck with this one. EQUADOSE Pill Cutter V2. Amazon.com. It takes a little time to get used to it but worked better than the standard kind.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it for human pills or animal pills? Ive heard cat nail cutters work for pills but not sure how well it would work with larger ones.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I had some luck with this one. EQUADOSE Pill Cutter V2. Amazon.com. It takes a little time to get used to it but worked better than the standard kind.
I was debating between the 2. Would that one be easier to use?

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just looking at them I'd say it depends on the shape of your pills. The Equadose appears to be designed specifically for round pills, and it looks to be ideal for round pills. The Lishae would work beautifully for caplets, but if your hands are trembling I think you might have some trouble positioning the pill and keeping it in place until the cut is made, especially with round pills that might want to roll away.

Margret