Pictures Of Candi, And Our Sweet Babies That Have Crossed The Rainbow Bridge

Chrissy66

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have oodles and oodles so just going to post a link to my Photobucket then I will go over who is who. :)
My Kitties

On the first page you see Candi in all her glory as well as her bubba, Peanut. We lost him 2 1/2 years ago. My heart cried for days. He developed seizures but we believe with his age that played a big role on them because he went downhill very fast even with medication. He ended up having a stroke and we knew what the right thing to do but I tell you, that baby was a mommie's boy. Everyone would get so tickled at Peanut when he didn't meow. When he wanted something it was always Ma! Ma!
He and Candi were best buds as in the one picture of them on their Cat Tower. I think he tolerated her alot of times. LOL!!!
They would both get in the middle of the room slapping one another and we would tell each of them to get the other. Next thing you know off they both were running through the house like a herd of cows.
Then the last picture on the first page is Smokey, a baby we lost too soon at an early age of 8. He died of Feline Asthma. We had no idea what was going on until we later learned by searching the web. We lost him trying to rush him to the vet but 35 miles to the nearest vet we just couldn't get him there soon enough.
He was Peanut's Half Brother, Smokey. They had the same dad just a different mom.Now Smokey he was the King of the Roost. All the cats knew to behave around him and they knew it. We used to always call him Wolly Bully. :biggrin: He was a daddy's boy through and through. When he jumped up on you, you knew it. LOL!!!
Going on to the second page the first picture was Peanut and Smokey together, then Peanut with his ball. He was just under a year old in these pictures when we lived in Macon, Ga. Then the next one is Peanut's Sister Sissie Bell. Then Rose, she was Smokey's half sister a different dad but the same mom. LOL!!! We had a big loveable Furry Family but over time we have gotten down to just Candi now and she will be our last.
The second one row down 3rd picture over was my Angel, Snowflake. That was Peanut's Mommie. When she had her one litter we kept him out of it. She died rather young and we blame a vet that did it. When he spayed her, she started hemorrhaging and he didn't know how to help her. Needless to say, that was the last time we ever used him again.
Then there are more pictures your highness Peanut. :biggrin: He always was a hamm when it came to pictures.
The next page is pictures of Him and several of Candi. The one of the lady holding the cat in the Blanket, that is me. Trying to hold Peanut like a baby. :biggrin: Didn't last long. LOL!!!
Now on to Pg. 4 these are pictures of Candi's second litter of kittens. I made sure I got plenty of pics before we found good homes for them from the day they were born to the time they went to their new mommy and daddy's. When we got Candi we were told that she was spayed only to find out she wasn't. By the time we could get her in to be fixed we had 2 litters and to this day I wished we had kept Scooter. I will tell more about him on his page.
On to Pg.6 where my Scooter and Tiger. They were Candi's first litter. As you can see in some of the pictures, Scooter and Peanut became good buddies and loved playing with one another. I tell my husband all the time I would love to know if he kept his baby blue eyes. He was the only one in the entire litter that kept his baby blue eyes at the age of 8 weeks old.
Now Pg. 7. When we moved home we moved into a house that was backed by woods with a fenced in terrace. As you can see Candi just loved going out jumping the fence. I also have pictures of Peanut and Sissie up on a tree that had broke in half and the other half was down into the ground.
As you look through the pictures, the guy in the photo with Smokey is my husband. He was always in his daddy's lap. Then pictures of me with Peanut.
Now Peanut, you know you aren't a bird. I guess he figured the birds would see him on the feeder. We used to have a squirrel get up on that feeder that he is on and he would have a fit. He and Candi both hated that squirrel and the squirrel would actually tease them.

That is and was my Fur Family. We thought about Adopting another and I wanted to at first and we almost did but I backed out and this was even a year after I lost Peanut but like I told my husband, I just can't seem to give my heart to one like I did him and I just don't want anymore.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It is hard, I know - my Big Guy is 13, hale healthy and hearty but won't live forever although I keep telling him that cats live into their 20's and for him to keep that in mind. Our Maine Coon's passing broke my heart into bits, but as time went on I simply couldn't bear being in a house with no feline presence in it. This cat, in my avatar picture, is incredible in so many ways, but I'm like others here - every cat I meet owns my heart.
Maybe down the road you'll decide it's time, maybe not. Your post was enjoyable, thank you for that :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Chrissy66

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom no but I have thought of committing my time to doing something more if I can convince my husband into helping me. With my disability he has to do most of the taking care of the kitties but I would love to be a foster mom. Thanks and glad you enjoyed me talking about all my babies.
Thanks, Feral Mom.