Picture, Picture

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was just wondering what you all use to take pictures? I have friends with cell phones that take wonderful pictures. But my phone is somewhat vintage, suitable for calling home to ask what's needed from the store. Not so good for pictures.

I dropped my 12 year old camera on Wednesday. Too old for Canon to offer service. Bought a new camera and lens, and must now learn how to use it.

New Camera Trials_2019-03_Domino.jpg

Not bad!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Not bad at all :thumbsup:

I have a smartphone, an older Panasonic DMC and a pocket Casio.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still trialing new camera on automatic. Pleased with results. Very good definition.
New Camera Trials_2019-03_Mr Poe.jpg

But I can see that black cat is still going to be an issue.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Canon and an old Nikon 35mm that I never really learned how to use.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6, I used to shoot film with Nikons. Nice cameras. But when I changed over to digital the Canon EOS Rebel XTi just felt better in my hands. I guess it just depends on what you do with your pictures, and if you are happy with them.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
For cat pics and spur of the moment photography, iPad, smart phone or digital camera, Nikon Coolpix whichever happens to be close at hand. For my business products it is always the digital camera because it focuses and edits better and has a great zoom.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have a Vivitar digital camera. not very expensive, but can do the things i need it to -- take pics, and shoot videos...and uses rechargeable batteries!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
My Iphone, My Canon EOS 50D or my new little Canon SX620 that I have barely used.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once upon a time, I used a 35mm Canon FTb with an assortment of lenses, but I gave that to one of my grandnieces some years ago for use in her college courses. Now I use a Canon ELPH 340 HS digital, and in a few more years, I might actually figure out the instruction manual- that is, once I get doctorates in computer science and electrical engineering.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just use my iphone. The prints aren't as good but most of the time I look at my pictures online anyway. I do have a point & shoot camera still; it's just gotten much easier to not tote a camera around. I used to take a lot of pictures before the digital world made it so easy and "cool." :crazy:

A few years ago when we went to Disney I had already bought their "Memory Maker" and we got a lot of photos through that. So I just carried my phone and used that. I used to want a good DSLR so bad; but really I don't have the time to put into a photography hobby. I got a bit turned off when *everyone* was getting one and *everyone* was claiming photographer skills. :rolleyes:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The secret to convincing people that you are a wonderful photographer is to throw away all the poor images and never share anything but the best. This morning I took about 33 images and have already deleted better than 2/3 of them.

Digital is so wonderful in this regard - no delay while the film gets processes and eventually returned, no paying for poor images. And no stopping, seemingly every few minutes, to change a roll of film.

I think of my camera as the equivalent of my American Express card - remember the "don't leave home without it?" commercial. If I have it with me and something appears that's worth an image I can take it. If I have it with me and there's nothing to photograph, no big deal. But if I don't have it and do see something - those are the biggest regrets - the ones that got away.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a crappy smartphone and a Cannon powershot. I've noticed that the good pictures happen before I can set up a shot, so my son is going to show me how to pull a still image from video. He says it's easy.
I haven't done a video yet.

tangers40

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a pretty good smartphone camera (Note 8) for unimportant and spur of the moment shots, and a good DSLR (Canon 60D) for important stuff, vacations, and things that I think I might be able to take a decent picture of (ha!). I am nowhere near being a photographer, but I occasionally luck out and take a good picture of something nature- or wildlife-related.