Picture Of You Enjoying Your Hobby

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aside from cats, what do you like to do? I really like to go out with my buddies and make music. We have been playing together for about 12 years and about 5 years ago we 3 put together a trio. We do old country music. Here we are about 3 years ago busking on a sidewalk in Ithica during the summer. From left to right: Roger (rhythm), Bill (finger style pretty stuff), and me (rhythm)

We make a little jingle for having fun. We have a gig on Feb 23 at a local theater.

GaryT & Company

coming off the stage promo photo. I love to play dress up! Hank Williams did too!

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
No pictures because a picture of me enjoying my hobby would make you laugh. I am one of those people wandering the beach or in the water with a metal detector, headphones and a sand scoop. I have been detecting for the last twelve years and June to September I am up at 5:15 and detecting at the lake by 6:00 am.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not have any pictures of my enjoying my hobbies, but here is a picture of the result of one of my hobbies: Painting. I enjoy abstract art; however, I paint other styles, too.

This was painted yesterday. I am torn between calling it "Sillage" because it makes me think of the smell of peonies or "Ataraxia" because my husband says that it makes him feel "a sleepy, summer nap kind of calm."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No pictures because a picture of me enjoying my hobby would make you laugh. I am one of those people wandering the beach or in the water with a metal detector, headphones and a sand scoop. I have been detecting for the last twelve years and June to September I am up at 5:15 and detecting at the lake by 6:00 am.
I just got myself a Garrett AT Pro detector and now wishing the snow would melt! LOL

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I still do some genealogy. That wouldn't make such a great picture. I also sing and play guitar with a group of friends. We visit the nursing home once a month to play for those folks. They are a forgiving audience. We do traditional and country gospel for them.

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I still do some genealogy. That wouldn't make such a great picture. I also sing and play guitar with a group of friends. We visit the nursing home once a month to play for those folks. They are a forgiving audience. We do traditional and country gospel for them.
We also play at a couple local senior centers. We also do gospel and old country (Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, George Jones, Jimmy Fortune, etc)

engine4154

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Closest I've come to being paid for a 'hobby' was when I worked as an engineer. I would've done it for less than I was getting and while it occasionally had it's moments, I still miss that line of work 7 years later. But it made it's full circle. When I was a little kid I got my first cab ride in an engine like this in this same paper mill. When the mill shut down in 2012 I ran the last train out of it. I'm the weirdo on the right, taken a few days before we were done.
000-115_last.jpg

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I do not have any pictures of my enjoying my hobbies, but here is a picture of the result of one of my hobbies: Painting. I enjoy abstract art; however, I paint other styles, too.

This was painted yesterday. I am torn between calling it "Sillage" because it makes me think of the smell of peonies or "Ataraxia" because my husband says that it makes him feel "a sleepy, summer nap kind of calm."

Beautiful abstract

I would love to be able to express emotion with paint, especially abstract.

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a love for the old music. This is a song I just fell in love with and now I have learned to play. I don't do a lot of bluegrass but, this is a pretty love song. I found a band performing the song on Youtube so you can hear it. I hope you enjoy.