Pet Insurance

lomofirefly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was looking around for pet insurance for my kitten....I really wish I had gotten insurance years and years ago with my Littlebit who recently passed away but simply didn't know much about it at the time (high school senior) thankfully we had care credit. Anyway, I was wondering if one with wellness would be best? My heads kind of spinning at all the different options, just when I was about to sign up for Trupanion another popped up that offers a 24/7 vet hotline and I thought "oh that would be nice" anyways has anyone had any recent experiences? I did do a search but was hoping for something a bit more current.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey if you look at daftcat’s posts on the subject, there is an entire list of compare and contrast insurance programs. lemme see if I am tekkie enough to dig that out for you…hang on a sec.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

lomofirefly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow this is great info thank you so much!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
The wellness option with any pet insurance usually depends on how you see managing a pet's medical expenses. I have three cats insured, about to be one more added, and I don't have wellness as I feel I can cover that. Usually any illness or injury is where the big expense comes in, but see what wellness covers with individual companies. It may make a difference once you see what is included in wellness from company to company. Some may include dental care and that might make a difference to you.

Are Pet Wellness Plans Worth It For Routine Care?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lomofirefly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I usually took Littlebit when something major happened or for his yearly visit. I think what worries me more than anything is something bad happening and using up all insurance offered like hitting the cap.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
You can take an insurance with no upper limit, or a high one. TBH, depending on how far you would go with treatment, vet care for serious conditions can hit 10K pretty quickly.