Persian Kitten Pooping Outside Of The Box :(

moni99star

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone!!

I'm new to this site...and new to Persian kitten ownership!
So, I purchased two brothers from a breeder and she gave me the kittens at 6 weeks old, which I now know was WAY too young. Anyhow, they are almost 10 weeks old now and doing great after a few hiccups...but one of them keeps pooping and peeing outside of the box!!!!

He pees and poops mainly on one of two rugs, but has even peed on the leather couch! I never had this problem with my Siamese kitty.

I am very frustrated and don't know what to do.

Backstory:
-I had them confided in one room for several weeks then slowly started to let them into the rest of the house.
-Our house is big, so I have boxes on every floor and clean them every time someone pees or poops in them bc I'm usually always home.
- I have one box of super fine litter and one box of regular grain litter on every floor right next to one another. He seems to prefer the tiny grains, but he still chooses the rugs over the box!
- I put him in the box every maybe 30 minutes till he goes and praise him once he goes in the box.
- People have mentioned stress, but they seem happy as clams and not stressed in the least.

PLEASE HELP! It is so stressful to not be enjoying my new kittens, but being a Poop and Pee Police instead!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :hellosmiley: Glad you joined the forum and came here for help and support. Congrats on your two Persian kittens. The first question I'd like to ask is if they have been to the vet? Here are two helpful Articles regarding cats and litter box problems: The Litterbox: What Every Cat Owner Needs To Know
The 10 Most Common Litterbox Mistakes Cat Owners Make

I think you're doing a great job of trying to solve the problem. Wishing you the best of luck. :alright: Cats of any breed can have litter box issues. I also have a Persian cat as do many other members on TCS. Urination outside the box can be a clinical sign, therefore, please call or talk to your vet and keep us posted on your cat's progress.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

moni99star

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I have read all of the articles and feel like I'm doing everything right :(
And sadly, they have already been to the vet 3 times bc of other issues they were having. They just received their vaccines yesterday and the vet checked his butt to make sure everything looked good. The vet said they are probably stressed out.....they are not stressed out! LOL

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry you are still experiencing problems after 3 vet visits. Have you called the breeder since they went home earlier than is normally recommended? It would be advantageous to know if any of the other kittens are showing similar symptoms.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moni99star

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well, the vet visits were from diarrhea and vomiting...so this has not been discussed each time...but it was discussed yesterday and over one previous call to them. The breeder and I did not leave on kind terms after I had them at the vet less than 24 hours after ownership due to the vomit and poop. We are not on speaking terms now!! But she did say they were 100% potty trained before I got them. So she either lied or something changed.