Pepper 1983 To July 30, 2006

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Pepper was my beloved Calico that was an indoor cat til the last year of her life. I have mentioned her in my post in the Stray/feral forums. Anyway all the photos I had of her were destroyed by a burglar and this is the only one I had of her. This was taken from a cruddy computer in 2005 so she only had one year left to live. She was at that time totally deaf and blind in one eye. And didn't want to be held on that day but something told me to take the photo. She was generally a very happy cat. Sorry for the poor quality but the computer was not good. Just want to remember her as I feel that she sent Shaman to me this past year to watch over me.

BTW: I still have Pepper's ashes by my bedside.
Pepper.jpg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you genle, Pepper, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

OH MY! She did live a long, lovely life, didn't she? But where there is love, an eternity isn't long enough. And I think that you are right, and she sent Shaman to you. She has that look of infinite wisdom in her precious eyes. I know that you realize now that she has never really left you, that her Love abides with you always, although we DO miss their physical presence so much! She was, is, and always will be a beautiful cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Rest you genle, Pepper, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

OH MY! She did live a long, lovely life, didn't she? But where there is love, an eternity isn't long enough. And I think that you are right, and she sent Shaman to you. She has that look of infinite wisdom in her precious eyes. I know that you realize now that she has never really left you, that her Love abides with you always, although we DO miss their physical presence so much! She was, is, and always will be a beautiful cat.
If you saw my post on the stray cat/feral forum about lots of questions you'll notice that I felt guilty when she died as she spent the last year of her life outdoors. It was something I couldn't shake and the post is too long to repeat on this post. But last year, the day I came home from Urgent care with my arm in a sling due to falling and fracturing my humerus, Shaman showed up. Just over the past several weeks when Shaman warmed up a bit more because I'm feeding and caring for her did she start to remind me of Pepper and the thought has started to cross my mind of an angel/protector sent by Pepper.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't doubt it a bit. Pepper is trying to show you how much she loves you and to not feel guilty about something beyond your control. She will always be tied to you by your love. She will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers. Enjoy Shaman and know she was sent your way from above!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't doubt it a bit. Pepper is trying to show you how much she loves you and to not feel guilty about something beyond your control. She will always be tied to you by your love. She will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers. Enjoy Shaman and know she was sent your way from above!
Hopefully Shaman will stay around but if she sees Shadow in the area she won't come anywhere near and eats somewhere else. I try but when you have 2 cats that won't eat because Shadow is there or Shadow won't come because these 2 do it's stressful, especially when the fighting (blood and fur) begins and neighbors start to complain.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Females are known to be very territorial, and any clowder of cats resents a newcomer coming in. eventually they will get used to each other. When my big feral toms started coming into eat, they fought a lot. Now, they eat feet from each other and leave. They still glare at each other, and walk stiff legged, but they no longer fight.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Females are known to be very territorial, and any clowder of cats resents a newcomer coming in. eventually they will get used to each other. When my big feral toms started coming into eat, they fought a lot. Now, they eat feet from each other and leave. They still glare at each other, and walk stiff legged, but they no longer fight.
What I find so funny is that the 3 of them used to eat together without fighting an now it's blood and fur between the 3. I do want to know a good treat though so I can start this clicker training with them.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pepper was my beloved Calico that was an indoor cat til the last year of her life. I have mentioned her in my post in the Stray/feral forums. Anyway all the photos I had of her were destroyed by a burglar and this is the only one I had of her. This was taken from a cruddy computer in 2005 so she only had one year left to live. She was at that time totally deaf and blind in one eye. And didn't want to be held on that day but something told me to take the photo. She was generally a very happy cat. Sorry for the poor quality but the computer was not good. Just want to remember her as I feel that she sent Shaman to me this past year to watch over me.

BTW: I still have Pepper's ashes by my bedside.View attachment 283846
Did I read those dates right?? Wow!!!
You know, burglary is bad enough when they take money and valuables but when they just senselessly destroy photographs and things of sentimental value because they can, that's the lowest slime on the planet. I hope either the burglar was reformed and became a functioning member of society or is in prison and is, well....I'll stop.
I'm glad you have that one photo. It makes it all the more special.