Peeing Since Door Moved

Keri B

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
After some advice if anyone can help please.

I have two ten year old sister female cats, Ellie and Lola. Ellie has always been highly strung and isn't fond of change, but she is relatively happy.

Back in September I had some building work done and my front door moved to a different room. Ellie is fine where it has been blocked up and replaced by a window, but she keeps peeing in front of the new front door. I have gone through 3 door mats, have sat her food on the door mat to try and discourage her, and tried Feliway plug ins and spray.

She has a litter tray, which is always kept clean, and she uses this for pooping and occasionally peeing, but I feel it is more a rebellion against the door.

Just now she brazenly squatted down beside her biscuits and peed there while she knew I was watching.

I don't know what else to try.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
oh my goodness, what a cat!! I was wondering, what if you had a safe method of walking her through the new door, like on a harness/leash, or through the new door out into a safe yard, something like that so she knows what's on the other side of the door?