Paying Off Vet Bills After A Cat Passes?

twotabbies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not sure where to post this!

Thankfully our Princess is still with us, but she has major health challenges and as such, major bills. Has anyone here had the experience of paying off bills for their angel kitties? How hard is it, when you are slammed with a vet bill trying to save them, and end up with them passing?

Sad topic, I know, but there are financial aspects we are considering when handling this critical care. Thank God for CareCredit and 6 months no interest, but even that is getting to be a strain as the balance climbs.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Years ago I had a two year old cat suddenly take sick in the middle of night and so I took her to the 24 hour Emergency vet clinic. Wonderful places but so expensive. My girl was diagnosed with fluid in her lungs and cardiomyopathy. They drained her lungs and kept her to treat her but she died before morning anyway. I don’t remember the exact cost but it was over $1000 and I had NO money. Paid on that on my credit card bill forever. You do want to do everything you can for them but definitely can hurt you financially and of course emotionally.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I just did that for Swanie after he passed. It's one of the saddest things I've ever done. I actually took money out of an account to pay it, I didn't want it hanging around on the credit card.