Pate

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry. I failed to say Luna had her dental problems were corrected before she was adopted by me. They have a vet on site.
Try minced,not cut up. Some cats can only eat on a flat bowl on the ground or an elevated bowl. My cat that had dental surgery eats on an elevated bowl. My cat with a small face only likes pate eats on a flat bowl. If I put her food on elevated she eats on the floor

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrsdlw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Unless you know Luna actually chews her dry food, usually those cats who have dental issues can easily lap up a morsel and swallow it whole - maybe bite it in half, but that is about it. Tbh, many cats - dental issues or not - swallow their dry food whole. It is not quite the same thing as getting pate out of a dish.

I suppose if you are convinced that attention is the only reason behind this, you can start ignoring her and see what happens. I know with my cat, she just wouldn't eat. Been there, done that.

Feeby is 19+ yo cat and can eat hard treats without a problem, but she only bites them in half before swallowing, and yet she does what Luna does with her pate. Although, at Feeby's age she likely has some plaque buildup and gingivitis.

So, if not anything to do with dental issues, it may just be Luna's now decided to eat that way. You may have to try the multiple serving feeder suggestion I mentioned above.
I am still dealing with this behavior. When I ignore she won't eat at all. I actually put it away and try an hour later. Still!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I am still dealing with this behavior. When I ignore she won't eat at all. I actually put it away and try an hour later. Still!
Sometimes my cat Maggie has no trouble eating in the morning. Other times I have to be there. Possibly because she's in pain my cat peaches had tooth resorption done, I read that it could be a disease and need regular x rays. Find out why she bad tooth problem or have a vet check her

mrsdlw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sometimes my cat Maggie has no trouble eating in the morning. Other times I have to be there. Possibly because she's in pain my cat peaches had tooth resorption done, I read that it could be a disease and need regular x rays. Find out why she bad tooth problem or have a vet check her
I will do that. I finally dumped the wet food ontop her dry and she ate it?

mrsdlw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I finally dumped the wet onto of her dry food. She ate it. Perhaps she doesn't like her flat platter plate any more?

mrsdlw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She likes wet food but likes having dry food at the same time. It's just like people! Soup can be boring without crackers
Ha maybe you got something there!