Passing.

lole_beena

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all for those who have helped me previously this year may know I once had a 7 year old obese cat named Jax. He unfortunately passed away over 2 months ago. Anyone else going through this? I had a very special bond with him, hardest thing I ever had to do. :(

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just lost one at the beginning of December and she wasn't the first. It's different each time and it is different for each person. I have been fortunate in that my cats so far have lived into their teens and had chronic health issues. I think that is easier because there is a long period of knowing that the time is coming. When Alice passed, I was left with no cats. I adopted another cat a week later. I hadn't planned on doing that, I was going to wait a bit. The idea of waiting a bit didn't even last 24 hours.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I just lost one at the beginning of December and she wasn't the first. It's different each time and it is different for each person. I have been fortunate in that my cats so far have lived into their teens and had chronic health issues. I think that is easier because there is a long period of knowing that the time is coming. When Alice passed, I was left with no cats. I adopted another cat a week later. I hadn't planned on doing that, I was going to wait a bit. The idea of waiting a bit didn't even last 24 hours.
I also lasted only a week after my 19 year old died before adopting. I went to a shelter “just to look” and brought Willow home.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2 months ago is not long at all when grieving. I have gone through MANY deaths with my cats, many were strays that I cared for outdoors and that is a dangerous place for cats. With my housecats, I am almost 66 years old so have lost many of them too, I have cried a river of tears and still grieve for them, even many years later. there is no way to ever prepare your heart for losing a loved one, but the older they were I took some measure of comfort in that they had many years of love and family and were beginning to suffer. Time is the only thing that really helps......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lole_beena

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wow, loved hearing your cat story! My baby was only 8, turning 9 in November. He passed suddenly due to obesity. He was too big due to my grandfather feeding him almost 4 times a day, full scoops of dry food. He was a cuddle monster especially towards me, which is why it is so hard.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. But as mentioned above, you need more time to heal or get better at least.
Hang in there.