Paranoid about essential oil fridababy vapor drop

Dave8014

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So my daughter has a cold so we put this fridababy vapor drop in a humidifier. I found out it contains lavender and eucalyptus. I immediately stopped it and took it out and emptied, and some water dropped on the floor and saw my cat sniffing it but I’m not sure he licked.

ingredients: helianthus annuus (sunflower seed oil)-60%, sesamum indicum*(sesame seed oil)-21%, lavandula angustifolia (lavender oil), organic ingredient -9%, fragrance - eucalyptus oil - 10%

after cleaning it and put dawn soap in it I can see still the water is still oily from previous uses before my cat was here. I locked him out of the room for now while it helps my daughter.

he seems fine. But I heard this can cause damage and I won’t know it till years later

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I think it would be very unlikely that he would have licked it.. those oils would not be palatable for a cat, and sniffing it would have told him that.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The eucalyptus oil is the most toxic there and it can cause respiratory distress. I wouldn’t use it in the same house with a cat. The damage comes from them breathing it.