Pampering Great Great Grandma

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:clap::clap2: WoW!29! :thud:Your family is wonderful! :salam:She was so very well taken care of to have had such a long life.:hearthrob::redheartpump::cheerleader:
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 - Dad (and Mom) had three Seal Point Siameses; 20, 24 and 29. Three cats in two long Lifetimes. You cannot even imagine what, "spoiled rotten," really means. Hint: for many years, my Parents' Thursday night ritual included dinner at Dad's favourite steakhouse because of the prime rib. When his steak arrived, he'd carefully cut a silver dollar sized hole in the center of the tenderloin before he started eating, and later than evening, it would become a "treat" for a slightly spoiled Siamese.

Piparskeggr

Cat butler, cook and custodian.
Kitten
Purraise
Miss Teia Honey, who we adopted 2 June 2009 at age 12. Her previous people had rescued her from the street when she was 2. Teia was still semi-feral, as her previous people did not socialize her, just gave her a safe place in the house.
It ook almost a year before she let me or my wife pick her up for the 1st time.

Piparskeggr

Kitten
Purraise
Lance on the left; Peanut on the right. Pals for more than twenty years, they'll both turn twenty-one in April, God willing.

View attachment 211750
My wife grew up with 2 Siamese, brothers from litters about 9 months apart. Both Tiger and Fonzie made it a little over 23 years. I got to meet them in their early teenage years when my wife and I started dating in 1978.

Piparskeggr

Kitten
Purraise
Miss Teia is a little high maintenance, you'll notice the stack of "puppy" pads in the corner. She has not used a litter box in a little over 5 years. it's more work intensive than the boxes, but she's well worth the bother. There is a spot under the window to the side of the stack of drawers where I have a low sided "basin" made of heavy vinyl sheeting.

If our geriatric kitty is having box trouble, puppy pads may be a solution.

I think her change of habit started out as territorial. When we moved to southern Maryland fro northern Illinois in the late fall of 2012, it was me, my wife and 3 cats in a 1 bedroom apartment.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I love the senior cats. Beautiful and sweet Great Great Grandma, Lance and Peanut and much missed Lotje and Victoria. To think of their loyalty and love freely given all these years takes my breath away.
With a lot of love, and a little luck, all of our kitties have the potential to be senior cats.