PA Grand Canyon and Tioga-Hammond

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
It had been years since we had been to the PA Grand Canyon.

GrandCanyon.jpg

NorthernEndGC.jpg

We used to camp at Tioga-Hammond when we were younger. We always liked it there. Plenty of hiking to do, plenty of places to walk. It has changed quite a bit since the last time we were there. We walked all over the place yesterday, had a bit of lunch, drove over to the weir and then headed for home. There were quite a few campers, although we didn't see anybody in tents; everybody had those huge RVs. A bit chilly at night for tent camping, I'm sure.

Hammond Lake
HammondLake.jpg

Tioga Lake
TiogaLake.jpg

View from a camp site
CampSiteView.jpg

At the weir, where Hammond runs into Tioga.
AtWeirTH.jpg

Stopped to take a picture of the trees.
Tree.jpg

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were near there, a long time ago. We were on a weekend trip with our first new vehicle in 21 years. The first night, we stayed in Coudersport, then took Rt.6 across to Rt.11 at Great Bend then up to Binghamton, stayed at Horseheads, then home the next day. That really is pretty country, and I miss those days of exploring different places

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks! We really enjoyed getting out for a while. It's nice to be able to go to places where there aren't a lot of people.

N NY cat man We had friends in Wallkill, NY and (before they moved to Texas) would visit with them quite a bit. They took us up into the Catskills and to various places in NY. That is truly lovely country, too.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! We really enjoyed getting out for a while. It's nice to be able to go to places where there aren't a lot of people.

N NY cat man We had friends in Wallkill, NY and (before they moved to Texas) would visit with them quite a bit. They took us up into the Catskills and to various places in NY. That is truly lovely country, too.
If you think the Catskills are pretty, you should see the Adirondacks, especially around the High Peaks area.