Overly Affectionate New Mama!?!?

ZaMM

Always land on my feet!
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat just had her first litter and through out the whole labor she was very affectionate and followed me if I left from around her box, it's been almost 24 hours since the end of her labor and she still exhibiting this very affectionate, needy behavior. Is this cause for concern? And she has not showed any signs of dystocia or pain!

Attachments

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear you’re both settling in to parenthood!

Are you able to keep her inside and away from intact males until she is spayed? She can get pregnant very soon after delivery, even without going into an obvious heat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ZaMM

Always land on my feet!
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah she has never liked using a litter box so I go outside with her while she does her business, and the male who got her pregnant is acting scared around her now! He takes off when he sees her.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is possible for her come into heat again shortly after having her kittens, and the male cat will feel much more attracted to her when she is in heat. Can you try to get her accustomed to using a litter box, so that she can stay indoors with her babies? It would not be healthy for her to get pregnant again right away.

ZaMM

Always land on my feet!
Young Cat
Purraise
I am keeping a very close eye on her believe me, she will be getting spayed and he neutered in about 2 weeks! The last thing I want is something bad happening to her! I couldn't handle it.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:clap: I love it! LunaBug is one very blessed kitty to have Dad/Grandpa nearby. She obviously really loves her babies, too, and wants you nearby to keep away the dangers. What a honor to have her trust you so much.
I would recommend a good quality kitten food and kitten milk replacer for her, to ensure good, rich milk. It's kinda funny how the tomcat is avoiding her - he recognizes a mother with the courage of a lioness and the fierceness of a tiger :angrywoman::gingercat::flail:

ZaMM

Always land on my feet!
Young Cat
Purraise
:clap: I love it! LunaBug is one very blessed kitty to have Dad/Grandpa nearby. She obviously really loves her babies, too, and wants you nearby to keep away the dangers. What a honor to have her trust you so much.
I would recommend a good quality kitten food and kitten milk replacer for her, to ensure good, rich milk. It's kinda funny how the tomcat is avoiding her - he recognizes a mother with the courage of a lioness and the fierceness of a tiger :angrywoman::gingercat::flail:
Oh yeah Luna doesn't mess around, she is quite little but she packs a punch lol and i would be Dad I'm only 29, but yeah she let's me adjust the babies for her to better eat and I keep them from fighting over nips!! But yeah I got her the essentials!!
:petcat: