over-purring- lost of aptitude 6months kitten

cz1557

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 6 months old kitten ghost is over-purring today (every time I cuddle with her she would purr so already 5-6times - usually she would only purr once per day IF I AM LUCKY) and she is also disinterested in food and resting a bit more today. I had to hand feed her her food and she finally ate them but slowly - usually she finishes her bowl clean in 3 mins. I think there are 3 things that might have caused this

1. My other cat aka Ghost's best friend left 2 days ago with my boyfriend and they will be reuniting in 2 weeks. Can her behavior be a sign of depression or being upset? - But the first time they were separated for 2 weeks this did not happen

2. Kitten's premolar teeth is falling out because of teething- yesterday I was brushing her teeth and realized there was blood on the toothbrush- I saw that her premolar teeth is half on and half off - it looks painful but i am sure it is her kitten teeth that is almost falling out. Can the teething situation be the cause of her loss of appetite?

3. mouth ulcers- Ghost has been struggling with ulcers on her mouth for 3 weeks now- symptoms don't seem to be been improved even after antibiotics and duck diet. I have consulted with 2 veterinaries. One says it is possibly food allergies (although she has never reacted to her old diet before) and the other says it might be due to teething and environmental factors because she is too young to develop food allergies. Is she in that much pain because of the ulcers that she can't eat and is tired? How do I get rid of them?

I hope that there is no underlying disease that is causing this behavior- maybe it is a mixture of all these 3 problems that is causing her to feel like this. I feel hopeless and worried, please help me out and let me know maybe I should'n;t be worried

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Talk more, as soon as possible, with your vet(s) about the ulcers and her teeth, and her lack of appetite.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cz1557

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!
Talk more, as soon as possible, with your vet(s) about the ulcers and her teeth, and her lack of appetite.
Hi Yes! I talked to an online vet today about her teeth and ulcers and they said that it shouldn't be that big of a concern. - I visited my local vet last week about the ulcers and he just gave me more medications - vets are so unhelpful sometimes :(

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Is there a different vet in your area? Her lack of appetite, and the heightened purring should be addressed too. Can you check on the AVMA to see if there's a cat-friendly or cat-only vet in your area?

I copied this from a post by Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953
If you live in an area where there is a university with a veterinary hospital, and if it fits your budget, you might consider that as an option. Teaching hospitals are not always less expensive, but they are teaching cutting-edge medicine, and with the newest diagnostic tools and treatments.