Out of it

algebrapro18

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Has anyone had a period in their life where they just seem really out of it. I'm going through one recently. In the last two days I've left the gate open to my SUV after bringing in the groceries. Didn't even notice until about 24 hours later when I was out mowing the lawn. And then this morning I tried to put laundry detergent in the dryer. I swear I would loose my head if it wern't attached today. Though the car thing scared me more than anything...anyone could have stolen my car or things out of my car or wild animals could have gotten in my car(racoons or squirrls...or stray cats). Not to mention my heart skipped about 10 beats when I rounded the corner this morning with the lawn mower and saw that it was open...

Anyone else care to share the spaced out stuff they do?

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I remember somehow I left my front door to my apartment open.. woke up in the middle of the night to find it opened. I panicked, thinking someone broke in, but nothing was taken. This was before I had gotten my cat.

I also left the apartment a few times with my gas oven left on.

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A couple weeks ago I was doing laundry and I put detergent in the spot for softener. Never mind that I've done laundry in that machine countless times...

Then there's always the occasional putting a box of cereal in the fridge or the milk in a cupboard. My favorite is when I put something in a "safe place" so I'll remember where it is and then totally forget where I put it.
I'm moving this weekend and when I went to find the key to the storage unit where I have my stuff, it wasn't where I remembered putting it... which could only mean that I had put it in a "safe place".
Luckily, I found it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

algebrapro18

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I remember back when I was living in my apartment I left the window open one night and someone punched the screen out and Tom got out. That was an interesting morning...thankfully I found him sleeping on an outdoor couch 3 apartments down in the complex.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been misplacing things a lot lately

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is that saying, "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just on monday I was taking to one of the owners on my phone while talking stuff out of my car to carry into work. But I couldn't find one item-my phone which (duh) I was talking on!

Turning 54 (*gasp I know*) and that menopause thing I'm lucky if I remember anything not day to day but hour to hour sometimes.

Our brains have to much stuff going on and we are not concentrating on the task at hand but always thinking ahead!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One winter morning, I went out and started my car to warm up, came back inside to feed the dogs and cats and get my lunch made. I was ready to go and started looking for my car keys. I tore the place apart and blamed the cats...then I saw the exhaust coming out of my car. I was 20 min. late for work that day looking for my darn keys. Of course, my car was nice and warm when I got in.

I do things like that all the time. I refuse to think it's senility!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've done stuff like that when I'm overtired. I've tried to wash my face with hair conditioner. hehe I'm sure I did other stuff when my DD was a newborn too; but I can't think of any at the moment.

Earlier this spring my BFF left her SVU running while she was in the mall with her kids! Yes RUNNING!! She came out a couple hours later and it was still there; thank the Lord!!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I went out to lunch with DH. Went back to work afterward, parked, went into the office (I brought a pop back with me). When it was time to leave for the day, I opened my desk to get my purse, and no purse! I had left it in the car! And that's not the first time I've done that. Fortunately, it was in the car (and nobody had broken into the car), and not that I left it in the restaurant.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The other day after doing yard work in 110 F heat, I came into the house in an overheated stupor and went straight to the shower. While rinsing my hair with a handheld showerhead, I apparently forgot where my face is -- suddenly I was squirting water right up my nose. Nearly drowned before I got my bearings...

resqchick

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I forget everything. Now, what was the question again? Oh yeah. My birthday's in...

huh?

I've lost my memory, too long ago to worry about it. As long as I find my way home and remember who I am, I'm doing ok.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
sure have!! I once left an orchestra rehearsal with my piccolo case but left the instrument on the stand. I got a phone call that evening from the conductor going...did you forget something? I said no and she was like check your piccolo case!!! Sure enough had the case but not the piccolo!!! Thankfully she took excellent care of my instrument until the next day.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A couple of weeks ago, I put some eggs on to boil to make egg salad sammies. I was sitting on the futon watching TV about 30 minutes or so later when DH asked if something was burning. My EGGS!!!!! The pot had boiled dry and the eggs were ruined. At least my pot was OK.