Our New Baby Cat

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Many know we lost our old man Casper in February - my husband wasn't sure he'd ever be ready for another cat but, thankfully, he started coming around a couple of months ago. We already were on the waiting list for a Maine Coon but that wasn't going to happen for another 1-1/2 more or less, and they are very far away from us, so we started lazily looking in our area, no particular type of cat in mind, with the thought being we'd eventually have the Maine Coon and whatever cat we also had in our home when that happened - along with our resident Cocoabean.

By happenstance, I came upon the name of another Maine Coon breeder who is local to our area, that I'd met years ago at a cat show, who I'd lost track of because she doesn't keep her website up-to-date anymore and only uses Facebook - which I left years ago. For some reason, I decided to look her up and when I did noticed she was posting about available kittens - one of which was a solid black which my husband and I always wanted.

So, to make a long story short, I got in touch with her and here we are a couple of months later and we picked up our baby cat this morning. She's 16 weeks, sweet as can be, very social and well, we're completely smitten. She's a wee shy which is understandable but easy to get interested in playing, loves belly rubs, is a bit of a talker and inquisitive. Ate dinner like a champ so obviously she's not that bothered about her new accommodations LOL

Cocoabean knows she's here even though we managed to sneak her in really well; she's been hanging out by her door but isn't displaying a single ounce of annoyance, aggression or jealousy. In fact, she just seems like she wants to come inside and see for herself what the fuss is all about but we'll be keeping her out for a week at minimum to be on the safe side.

Anyway - here's some pix. Again, no name as of yet. I'm letting my husband take the lead on it this time. At the moment we're leaning to Eclipse but that could change by tomorrow LOL

So, here she is :purr: We are now members of the Black Cat/Baby Panther Club :D

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my heart! Such a gorgeous MC! Hello there, Luna.
Those ears!! :redheartpump::hearthrob: