Our Female Cat Attacks Our Neighbours Cat...

Gingercat124

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,

Our six year old female ginger cat (desexed) is the most loving, gentle cat with us but she is constantly fighting with our next door neighbours cat. She’s never bitten or scratched us. Or even growled.

I know our cat is the one initating these fights. I’m not sure what to do? Obviously the obvious thing to do is keep her inside but she spends her afternoons laying in the sun sleeping for hours on end and I wouldn’t want to take that away from her and drive her insane. Feeling very bad for our neighbours and their cat. Also wondering what our cats problem is with the neighbours cat?!!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Can you and your neighbors arrange to only let your own cats out at certain times of the day? For example, could their cat be outside only in the morning, and yours in the afternoon, or vice versa? Cats are territorial, and your cat obviously believes the neighbors' cat is invading her territory.

Elfilou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah it seems one of the cats isn't happy about sharing territory. Which one was there first? Is it a recent thing?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gingercat124

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah it seems one of the cats isn't happy about sharing territory. Which one was there first? Is it a recent thing?
They were here first. When we first moved in their cat would come inside and be really friendly towards us. Wondering if that’s maybe the issue. I’ve seen my cat run at the neighbours cat and scare the poor thing away. My cat always waits on their driveway/doorway for the cat. It’s usually always on the other cats territory when mine attacks!

Elfilou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They were here first. When we first moved in their cat would come inside and be really friendly towards us. Wondering if that’s maybe the issue. I’ve seen my cat run at the neighbours cat and scare the poor thing away. My cat always waits on their driveway/doorway for the cat. It’s usually always on the other cats territory when mine attacks!
I see. How unfortunate really! I'm sorry I'm not of much help here because I have no idea how you'd solve an issue like this without restricting access outdoors

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can you build an outdoor enclosure so your cat still has access to the outdoors but is safe from other cats and predators?