OUCH!

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

You did all the right things! Sometimes people put ice on a burn which is not a good thing to do, the cold running water for at least 10 minutes is the way to go.

Now go to your doctor as ask for silver sulfadiazine cream. That stuff is a miracle - it heals burns super-fast! Use it now and keep the rest for the future, just in case. I am a bit of a clutz and I cook every day so I get burned now and then. This cream is amazing, no infection, no blistering, no scarring, the burn just heals right up within a couple of days (instead of a couple of weeks).
I agree with @SwampWitch. That cream is a miracle. My DD wrecked her dirt bike and had a bad burn on her arm; our next door neighbor had some and gave it to her to use. We could tell a major difference within a couple days.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
You're right.

I'm amazed at how quickly it's healed up. Less than two weeks and it's barely visible now.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the suggestions.
:grphug:  

I went to the pharmacy today to see what they had. @Natalie_ca
 can you imagine the fun I had trying to describe Milk of Magnesia to a Japanese pharmacist

I managed to find some cream with silver sulfadiazine in it. I got a stack of gauze and stuff in case of any future mishaps. Glad I'm not the only one who's a clutz in the kitchen,
@SwampWitch
 I can't even make a cup of tea without maiming myself.

:doh3:
Oh Norachen, you.mustbe more careful.
Have a quick healing.