Other cat has thyroid problem

countrygalof6cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Finally had all 4 cats to the new vet. Never going back to the other one. One of them lost weight due to the diet food they put her on and she has been meowing for food constantly. I figured it was just her wanting food because of the diet. Nope....blood work showed she has an over active thyroid. Vet figured it was that before the blood work because her heart rate was over 200 and even being upset going there it should not be that high. Yet another illness my old vet did not find. Had her there twice because of her lost weight (Said she was just old and like old people their fat hangs from their stomach) and always wanting food. She had blood work up too but they said it was all fine. Wonder who reads it? The place that the blood is sent to sends them back the results or does the vet read it to come to the conclusion? I did finally get their records. They were emailed to me. Haven't printed them all out yet because I used up the 3 ink cartridges I had of black ink. Well over 500 pages for all 5 cats for 13 years. Except for the one who died 3 1/2 years ago so her record is only for 10 years. I did send an email to the old vet telling them that my cat almost died and it was not even close to what they said was wrong with her and I am not telling them what was wrong. They have her file of 13 years and they are supposed to be her doctor so if they really cared (which they don't) they will try to figure it out on their own. I am going to turn them into the vet board where they get their license from but I can't find the place. I googled for NY State vet board licenses and it brought up a website for people doctors. Anyone have a clue where to find it? Now I have two cats to give medicine too at the same time every day but at least the thyroid problem is due to old age.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise