Orphaned 4 day kittens....

Katrina282

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi All,
I am new to here, normally, I don't join discussion groups or forums. However, on the 19th my friends cat, meow-meow, gave birth to 6 kittens, she was doing fantastic, I had bought extra supplements for her and kitten milk in case any were developing slower due to being a lot for meow to take on.....
On the 22nd, meow-meow jumped out of bathroom window. When she hadn't returned half hour later we went to call her, to no avail.... The following morning we rang all the local vets and located her, she had been hit by a car outside my friends house. First thing in the morning when she hadn't returned I began syringe feeding the kittens, we called vets, animal shelters and experienced kitten fosterers for advice. Worked out a timetable and amount of feeding needed and I moved Into my friends house to give intensive care to them all to get them over the 10 day danger point.
.... Wow.... What a constant, nerve racking, tense few days it was. We weighed in every day at same time to check on their progress.... All the advice from experts and proffessionals had warned us the the chances were we would have casualties within 72 hours.....Did I sleep for that 72 hours??? I sat watching, feeding, taking temperatures, reading, making weight charts, feeding timetables and crying my heart out for how sad the whole situation was. There were 5 boys and 1 girl kitten.
We had decided that would get them past the real danger zone before deciding if we needed to give them to someone who knew what they were doing, if we weren't able to cope or if there were any problems before that point.
..... We got to day 11......NO casualties....
They were difficult to toilet, so needed extra stimulation.... Every 15/20 minutes, and the last one to poo was on day 10 so it was a massive concern. But pure determination to not lose any kept me at it, day and night.
I wanted to share as I feel like a proud mum. We have given 2 to a lady who has experience with neo natal kittens and am concentrating on the 4 left....
gf.me/u/zn77q9 IMG_20210331_204917.jpg IMG_20210331_204959.jpg IMG_20210331_205134.jpg IMG_20210331_205429.jpg IMG_20210401_120842.jpg IMG_20210331_204917.jpg IMG_20210331_204959.jpg IMG_20210331_205134.jpg IMG_20210331_205429.jpg IMG_20210401_120842.jpg IMG_20210331_204014.jpg IMG_20210331_204352.jpg IMG_20210331_204505.jpg

Attachments

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
Amazing job! Nothing makes you push your body to the limit like kittens lol

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you, so far so good. Get on the internet and watch Kitten Lady, Hanna Shaw, she is really good! That should help with getting them to go. Remember too, they don't have to be fed as much soon, in another couple of weeks, maybe even sooner, they will eat on their own! Good job, I'll pray for you all.....

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Kudos to you! Beautiful job. It is very exhausting. Once the kittens begin weaning will you put the two back together with the rest of the litter?

So sorry about the poor mama kitty. It’s so sad. We’re here for you! 😊

Katrina282 Katrina282

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Katrina282

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you...
Amazing job! Nothing makes you push your body to the limit like kittens lol
That's so true..... My children are all adults except one.... I was semi-retired until these fellas came along!! But they are worth the effort.

Katrina282

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Kudos to you! Beautiful job. It is very exhausting. Once the kittens begin weaning will you put the two back together with the rest of the litter?

So sorry about the poor mama kitty. It’s so sad. We’re here for you! 😊

Katrina282 Katrina282
Yes when we are able we plan to reunite them, but it works out easier to focus on two each, so my friend has the strongest 2 and I took the weakest as I had fed them for a few days so had a teeny weeny bit of experience!
And thank you for your condolences.... She would have done a fab job as a mummy.... 😪

Katrina282

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My heart goes out to you, so far so good. Get on the internet and watch Kitten Lady, Hanna Shaw, she is really good! That should help with getting them to go. Remember too, they don't have to be fed as much soon, in another couple of weeks, maybe even sooner, they will eat on their own! Good job, I'll pray for you all.....
Kitten lady is one of the people I have been almost stalking for the past week!! She is brilliant and has coached me thru this more than she could ever realise.... I am looking forward to the running around stage... Although sadly, I will know my job here is virtually done then....

Katrina282

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you