Orphan movie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Orphan was so good I just saw it a 2nd time at the movies! I went with a friend and he was scared asking me when the scary parts were coming up he jumped many times and spilt his popcorn all over.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I first saw the trailer for Orphan, I was expecting good things. But after seeing it, I'm extremely disappointed. Isabelle Fuhrman (who played Esther) did a great job with her role, but I thought Vera Farmiga (Kate) was horrible. Furthermore, I wouldn't classify this as a horror or even a thriller. I think mystery suits it better. I thought it was a bad movie with an interesting twist at the end.

As far as Bruno goes, I liked it. Most people think that Borat and Bruno are just comedies but what they are really doing is exposing some of the cultural stereotypes in the world today.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by keith p

Anyone else see this movie opening night? I though it was a fantastic movie it's better than what I thought it would be and is my fav movie of the Summer so far! I wont spoil it for you, but if you dont like scenes where things pop out or lots of blood you wont like this movie. Also it has adult content so not good for kids to see i'm warning you ahead of time I would NOT take your kids to see it with you.
I'm glad you enjoyed it. It looks much too scary for me. I like movies like Hostel that aren't really scary. I can handle the gore, but not the things jumping out.

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I finally got to watch Orphan last night. A good copy finally came out on a reliable streaming site.

All I have to say is it wasn't really that scary... Or gory really. The only part that had me turn my head was the part with the vice.

Other than that, I thought it was an exellent movie, though it should have been categorized as a thriller/mystery/suspense instead of horror.

The only part that bummed me out was that I totally guessed the end before it happened. I suppose maybe I just know a bit too much for my own good?