Orijen wet food

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd try that for sure.
My cats love their kibble. I'm always looking for new pates to have more variety for their wet food choices.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I tried that one with Feeby and she didn't seem to like it. Not really sure why, so I hope your cat does better with it! As noted above, it is a pate - with shreds of duck on top, in case you didn't know.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This sounds like very good food. I do wonder, though, what the bone content is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
It's $2.38 for 3 oz can. I will try one!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
This sounds like very good food. I do wonder, though, what the bone content is.
Bone broth as 5th and 6th ingredient. I assume bone broth has no bone in it so it's ok?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’d like to try that once we’ve got her pred sorted. But right now, food transitions seem to get us into trouble. 🤦🏼‍♂️😿 The recipe looks great (aside from being more than one protein.) That means Betty probably won’t like it. She prefers her junky Hills I/D. I’ll be lucky if I can get her to try a slightly less junky Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
If she doesn't like it, Merrick is another brand of wet I haven't tried for lid,instead of instinct,koha,and whatever else for duck or rabbit.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bone broth as 5th and 6th ingredient. I assume bone broth has no bone in it so it's ok?
It's hard to say exactly what's in the food. Their description of the food specifically mentions bone... But pet food manufacturers don't have to specifically mention bone as an ingredient. 🤷‍♀️

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
One of the lines of the description for this food states: "Our authentic WholePrey diet features the most succulent and nutrient-rich parts of the prey including duck, poultry, organs and bone to mimic what your cat’s ancestors consumed in the wild." Not sure if this answers your question, though.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bone broth (probably) doesn’t count towards bone content. But “chicken” and “duck” can sometimes refer to whole bone-in grind. There’s no label requirement for boneless meat. I can’t say whether their bone content is too high. But the lack of a calcium supplement suggests that that the chicken and duck are not boneless in this recipe. The “calcium pantothenate” on the label is a B-vitamin, and probably not a significant source of calcium.