Orange Tabby limping back left leg and acting dazed after litter box use.

CatDaddyMike

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am scared. I am going to take him to the vet as soon as possible, but he has done this twice and I'd like some insight. He was a rescue, but he and his bonded pair sister were still fairly young. We've already taken him earlier for a high stress-related urinary issue.

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, welcome to TCS. I think we may need some more information about this behavior. How is he acting dazed and what exactly is happening? What was the urinary issue that he was diagnosed with? How old is he? Is he on a special diet? Has he ever had an injury that you know of that could be contributing to the limp (a fall or a sprain that possibly turned into arthritis or gets exasperated when jumping, etc.)? Where is the litter box kept and what type of box is it? Has he been to the vet recently? Have you asked the vet about this? Can you make an appointment soon? There are a lot of factors that could be contributing, so as much information as you can give us would help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatDaddyMike

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is 4 years old. Was diagnosed with Pandora Syndrome (sterile cystitis). He hasn't been injured, that I am aware of. We took him to the vet on October 10th. He is slightly overweight. The litter box is plastic. The litter box is by the window in our bedroom by the TV stand. The dazed appearance, he seems like he doesn't know where he is. His tail twitching erratically. The twitching tail seems like he is in pain, but he makes no audible noises to that effect. The first time he did this, he cried right after using the litter box. This has happened a total of 2 times. He is not on a special diet other than food monitoring. And we use quality food without a lot of unnecessary grains. He has never had any prior injuries or sprains.

007dualitygirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would ask the vet about anal glands. My kitcat did something similar except no limp and lots of meowing every time she had to go. I thought her meows and tail twitches were her being Siamese because she did this for 18+ months and nothing really seemed wrong. Then one day she started limping... I thought my friend's dog maybe... But she recovered. ... 4 months later when I went to pick her up she yowled and I noticed the limping returned. I thought she had gotten herself in a pickle. Until the next morning when she seemed perky and happy but was obsessively licking ... Well her anal gland burst. Many stitches and 1k later ... No meowing at the litter pan and no limping.