Orange tabby kittens - Chicago suburbs

fostermom28

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got a call from a wonderful woman today who works for a vet's office and recently bought a farm house near Aurora, IL. She's found that there are tons of farm cats on her property (most of which are very friendly and outgoing). She's trying her best to catch them and has spayed and neutered several of them; however, her work is far from done.

about 6 months ago, she found a litter including 2 newborn male orange tabbies who had been abandoned by their mother. She took them in, bottle fed them and raised them until now. They are now 6 months old and are looking for a forever (indoor only) home. She has rehomed the rest of the litter to friends and family. These two are the only ones left.

Please let me know if you are interested and I can tell you more about them or if you know anyone who may be interested. Feel free to PM me.

Karen

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Unfortunately, I don't know anyone in Chicago who'd be interested in more kitties.
BUT - if your friend needs help learning about trap-neuter-return and how to seek assistance from any local area groups (although working for a vet she's probably handling it herself!), please zip me off a PM and I can send you info you can get to her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fostermom28

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much,

I plan to keep really close with her, as she is sooooo nice and so caring. I may help her out financially with the spay/neuter costs too as she is now doing it all herself (but hasn't complained one bit). I'm sure her work gives her good discounts and/or does it for free.

If she/I have any questions, I will PM you, I appreciate the offer.

Karen

fostermom28

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just got pictures of these two knuckle heads. If anyone would like to see them, they are precious.

Karen

fostermom28

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay, I cannot post pictures. I have a major mental block and if I try I'm going to go postal.

I'll e-mail them to anyone who wants to see them (or if someone wants to resize and post them for me).

Karen

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Karen - I tried to edit your post so the picture would pop up. When you're in imagestation, if you click on the pic and have a window open that is JUST the picture, then when you copy that link location into a TCS post, instead of using tags, use [img] tags, the picture ...hecatsite.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just e-mailed this to my SIL in Morris, IL. Cross your fingers - she lost her 17 year old cat last year and is ready for another. Morris is only about a 30-40 minute drive from Aurora btw.

And OMG are these kittens absolutely precious! And bottle babies to boot! Orange bottle-fed babies are no questions asked, my favorite in the entire world!!

fostermom28

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm crossing my fingers for these little guys. Their current mommy is the BEST and I really want to help her out as much as I possibly can.

Feel free to e-mail me anytime or PM and I'll give you my contact numbers.

Thanks so much,

Karen

alexis3189

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi my name is Alexis. I am very interested in buying one of the orange kittens a.s.a.p. me and my husband have been looking for an orange kitten for months for our 10 year old daughter. that is all she wants, she is on the honor roll at school. Amazing daughter and we really want to give her what she wants since she is doing so well. please contact me a.s.a.p
this is a serious inquire!
thank you in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

ziggy'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi my name is Alexis. I am very interested in buying one of the orange kittens a.s.a.p. me and my husband have been looking for an orange kitten for months for our 10 year old daughter. that is all she wants, she is on the honor roll at school. Amazing daughter and we really want to give her what she wants since she is doing so well. please contact me a.s.a.p
this is a serious inquire!
thank you in advance
Have you checked Petfinder.org? There are tons of cats and kittens there of all kinds. Also visit some local shelters. Kitten season is just starting so there will be many orange kittens soon. Please keep in mind, though, that because your daughter is only ten you will probably be the one taking care of the cat, not your daughter. Also remember that a kitten can live for another 15-20 years so make sure that you are certain that you can make such a long commitment. When your daughter is grown and have been out of the house for a long time the cat will still be with you. Unfortunately a lot of people don't consider these things when they get a pet for a child and as a result the pet finds itself homeless after a while.

alexis3189

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks. Me and her dad talked about this last night. We want a pet in the house as well and we both prefer cats over dogs. I will check out that website. Thank you so much!!