opinions please

sparkysonny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 23 year old was failing, it was common sense. He got thin and coughing constantly. I took him to vet to be sent home, but vet said they thought there was a chance. In my mind I knew there wasnt but in my heart I held onto 1 chance. I knew better. They said it be half hour so we waited then told something wrong with blood machine and go home. I get a call a hour later telling me there was no chance. Phosphorus way bad and complete kidney failure. So instead letting me come back up I had to wait a day and wait for on call, since it was surgery day if they got a opening in time. I was pissed. I spent the day saying goodbye already. I got lucky and another vet got me in within 45 mins. I lost him on the 6th and my 21 year old on the 8th. Would it be wrong to refuse to pay for the bloodwork when what I brought him up for wasnt even done. This vet use to be awesome and ever since covid she has been awful. even missed diagnosing my 21 year old in kidney failure. He was crying and they said arthritis.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I lost him on the 6th and my 21 year old on the 8th.

Do you mean you lost 2 cats in just a matter of days? Oh dear, I am so sincerely sorry for your losses. It must have been so hard and I can sense you are heartbroken.

Please hang in there.

And about the vet, as advised above, you may ask for a detailed invoice and only pay those that were actually done. You may also want to change the vet if you think she is no longer the way she used to be, with regards to her job.

My prayers.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are understandably upset, anyone would be, especially in these horrible times. I agree with the above, ask for an itemized bill and apy for only what was performed. You might owe for a blood draw instead if the machine wasn't working.
My heart goes out to you, for two cats to reach 23 and 21 is really a testimony to your loving care. I'm sure the 21 one-year-old just could not go on after his brother had to go. It demonstrates what a bond they shared. PLEASE, when you are able, come back here to give a lasting tribute here at the Crossing The Bridge, it really helps to get support from people who have stood where you are standing right now. My thoughts and prayers are with you, may your babies RIP, surrounded by your love........

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sweet Friends, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Their very ages are a testament to your love and care. I would wish for all cats a caregiver as attentive and loving as you have demonstrated that you are. And make no mistake...love does not die, it is translated and purified into Love, and remains with us. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides. Their Love is with you still.

Yes, ask for an itemized bill (on BOTH cats, come to think of it), and do not pay for blood work not done.