Opinions please?

clmgordon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm 25 and I've never been to a wedding where a) I wasn't involved and told what to wear; or b)  young, like under 15.  I have a wedding to go to in about 2 weeks and I still don't know what to wear. I bought these 3 dresses, with the intent to return at least one of them (I have another, more casual wedding to attend in a month). I may not keep any of them  and keep looking, so if you guys think none of them looks appropriate let me know. Please give me an honest opinion or your thoughts.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What is appropriate really depends on the wedding, some weddings are very elegant almost black tie affairs others are much more casual.  You can usually tell by the time of day, evening weddings tend to be dressier affairs.   The only 'rule' if you will is that a woman shouldn't wear white to a wedding.  No one should seem to be upstaging the bride.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

clmgordon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for your response. I'm so stressed out about this dang wedding lol. The bride is ~25 years old and I'm sure it wont be TOO fancy but I know she tried to make it nice. I just have no idea what young women wear to weddings. I'm sure I'll be ok as long as I look nice, but I'm so anxious about what to wear and I feel lost! What looks ok for a woman in her mid-20's to wear to a wedding?
'

clmgordon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do those dresses look ok? Or, for example, does the pink and black lace striped one look too prom-like? I just have no idea and only two weeks to figure it out!

brian77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
For what it's worth I like the black one.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
The flowered one for an afternoon affair.

The black for a wedding where the reception might go later into the night.

The pink and white a bit out of place for a wedding. You might get mistaken for the cake. , running and ducking.....

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love the last one with bright flowers especially with hot summer approaching.

You're smiling in the black dress as well there you Go!  

They look beautiful!

Last edited:

jennyrosalie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Definitely don't like the first one but the second one is great! It looks professional and classy without being overboard. The third one is nice for a summer early afternoon more casual wedding.

clmgordon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow thanks to all of you for responding! Its so helpful as I've gotten incredibly mixed messages about all three when I tried them on.
More opinions please!

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
You look great in all three styles :)

I like #2 for the first event & #3 for the more casual wedding.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the flowered one best, too, but it may be too casual for an evening wedding. The black one would be best for that.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think the black one for an evening wedding and either one of the other two for a daytime wedding.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
the black is elegant and probably what I would wear if it was an evening affair. the flowers are nice-that's an afternoon one...both look good..not crazy about the 1st one.

They all look good but not sure about the extra fabric on #1.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd go with the black one but the flowered one is pretty too if it's not too formal. I'm also not wild about the first one. 

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Both are beautiful. And you are indeed a gracious guest taking the time to make sure you enhance their special day.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I see the 1st dress has already been returned.  It was my least favourite of the 3.  

I love the flowery one!  

And both of those black ones are nice.  

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Both are lovely.  Both would be quite appropriate.  HOWEVER...you asked for an opinion.  Based solely on my own opinion, and the fact that I carry extra weight, I'd opt for the first one, with its elongated pattern, rather than the round one.  More slimming, in my book.  But you don't look like that would be such an issue for you, so..either.