One Year

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One year ago today I had to put my baby to sleep. Willow "Willie" was everything to me and I never thought I'd survive losing her. She helped me through 11 years of depression and gave me a reason to keep fighting. She was 17 when she died and she would have lived many more years if the cancer hadn't taken away her chance.
I wrote this for her today because writing helps me process my thoughts:
One trip around the sun, 365 sunrises and sunsets, an entire year without you. It doesn't feel like it’s been only a year since I last held you, but it also feels like it’s been forever. You left behind an emptiness that echoes and every so often a memory will bounce around amplifying your absence. It's been a year, but I still miss you.
2014-04-05 19.50.33 (1).jpg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course you still miss her, you always will..... but time heals all wounds, though a scar is left behind to remind us of our pain. I look at my own little girl's grave and i know how you feel, it is impossible to think it has been six years, and at times it seems like yesterday. We never get over something like this, we learn to survive through it, despite of it. Because we know that it is as they would want for us. They shared the same love we did with them, they only want happiness and love in our lives, the joy of living. They want no different then we would want for them if we were the first to go. Because love is spiritual, so eternal.Not even death can break that bond of love, it is eternal because it will never die.
Be thankful she came into your life, that you got to know her sweet love, that she shared your life's journey for a little while. To have never known that sweet love at all would have been unforgivable. Let your memories of her sweet love bring you comfort, banish the thoughts of her end and the grief you are feeling. It does nothing but bring pain and she would never want that for someone she loves so very much. Send her thoughts of happiness and let her know you will always love her, she will do the same for you along that incredible bond of love you forged over all those years.
My heart goes out to you, I know how much this hurts. My thoughts and prayers are with you.....RIP beautiful Willow. Your mommy misses you so much, but has her memories to comfort her. Send her your kisses on the breeze and let your light shine down upon her from the beautiful new star that shines in your honor, you are held by the angels and blessed by God, until the day you once more meet the one who loves you so much. Sleep tight, little princess!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Willow, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Sometimes it feels as if we mark time by the moments since we last saw a beloved face, whether that face had fur or not. A moment is a year, a year is a lifetime. The missing grows less raw, but it never leaves us entirely. But this I also know...Love NEVER dies. It changes form and continues on, still Love. Love abides, and Willow is with you still. Love abides.