One Person Can Make a Difference

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had an employee appreciation day on Thursday and we were given a lunch box. It had the greatest saying. I thought I would share it here.

A man on the beach where thousands of starfish lay dying in the sun saw a girl tossing them into the sea, one by one.

"Why bother?" he asked. You won't make much of a difference." Tossing yet another starfish into the sea, the girl said, "I made a difference to that one."

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
I love this!

This was actually my response to everyone who asked why I bothered bringing Sybil and her babies inside. (when things were tight finiancially, Cotton was so sick and we really couldn't afford another 4 mouths
) I heard a lot of "It's one stray cat in a neighborhood of stray cats. I won't make any difference." I could always respond with "It made a difference to her."

goonie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
when i started to feed my 'parking lot' strays and then TNR'ed them my husband asked me why i bothered. he said 'it's just a drop in the bucket. you can't save them all. so why bother?' then i came across the star fish poem, which explained it perfect.

lunatuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I read that in a volume of "Chicken Soup for the Soul" a long time ago and it has stuck with me. It is a very good attitude to have towards many things in life.