One of my kitties is regurgitating their food

TinaLove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two kitties and one is regurgitating their food. My Phoebe does eat quite fast and will finish Pistol’s bowl if he walks away, so I suspect it’s her, but I am never around when it happens. Is there any way to tell? And how to I stop this? Should I give her smaller meals? Any help would be appreciated.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to resort to sitting with my Meep while she's eating. I still do at most of their meals. The others push her out of the way and eat her food. One of those is a scarf-n-barfer, so he had the same problem as yours. More frequent, smaller meals did help a bit with mine, but the barfing remains a problem after all these years.

I feed mine three times daily, plus a few snacks, most of which involve "dishwashing."

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed in separate rooms. Switching to scheduled feeding also helps, feed several small meals of about 1/8 cup portions over the course of an hour or so. This works for my boy who won't use puzzle feeders.

Feeding scheduled and in separate rooms also makes it easier to know if something is wrong (not eating) and who it is that needs a vet visit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TinaLove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all for all the help. I’m going to order the feeding dish. And I’m going to give her smaller portions spread out throughout the day. They eat twice a day and have a snack in the morning and afternoon. They are both 9 months old. Phoebe is 11 lbs and Pistol is 14 lbs. don’t really know what the rule is on the amount of food they should be eating in a day cause I think they may be still growing.