One Of My Ferals Has Been Missing For Nearly A Week

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Amore (named because she is white, with black patches, including one that's heart-shaped) hasn't been seen by either myself or the other people who feed the colony. She was just getting closer to me each day, and I miss her.

I'm sure this happens a lot in most colonies ; we have a ginger cat who shows up every couple of weeks for a feeding when I am there, but I'm worried about her.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Is this the first time she went missing? If not, then she could be back after venturing to other areas. She might have more than one feeding stationing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Is this the first time she went missing? If not, then she could be back after venturing to other areas. She might have more than one feeding stationing.
I don't know. I've only been doing this since early December. The other person has been feeding them daily for 3 years, but he didn't say anything about that when I texted him today. He just got done looking for her, and couldn't find her.

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
In the colony I used to care for there were 3 out of the eight that might be gone for 2-3 weeks. Then one day just show up, eat, and act like it’s no big deal. They might not go again for weeks.

I’m assuming she has been spayed? If so then she may just be off on a hunt.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is the hardest part of caring for feral kitties. They sometimes go off and wander. I have had some go missing for months only to show up again. I had one male who after TNR took off. He was gone 8 months then returned for good. I always wished I could outfit them with gps!
Fingers crossed that she returns safely.