One after another complications on right side; right eye conjunctivitis, right cheek swelling, right eye cloudy and now right ear swollen

yawaaaa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is a neutered male and 10 months old. He had a vaccine shot 2 and a half weeks ago and ever since then, his health took off and went on a roller coaster ride.

It started with lethargy for a few days, then he got better. The conjunctiva on his right eye got swollen and resolved itself after two days, but then his right cheek got swollen too and he became lethargic again, no appetite. I took him to the vet and they couldn't figure out why he's swollen, he didn't have a fever and there was no abscess. They gave him an antibiotic and anti-inflammatory shot, then five days oral anti-inflammatory.

He got better after that, energy and appetite better. The swelling also went down within a day of the anti-inflammatory shot. But then I noticed his right eye looked dull three days ago, and it just slowly got cloudier. This morning he was lethargic again, I took him to the vet. He had no corneal ulcers, but the whites of his eyes were swollen red. They gave me an immunosuppressant eye ointment and told me to take him back for a blood test if things didn't improve in a week.

He was lethargic for most of today but I just thought the vet visit stressed him out. But tonight I noticed that the area where his right ear meets his head near his face is swelling up! It hurts him when I touch it. He's still lethargic and he won't eat.

The vet is closed now and I am just so frustrated. I'm a broke college student who is trying her best in handling the stress and the expensive vet fees. I don't understand what's happening anymore. Has anyone experienced anything like this? What could it be?

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds to me like an infection that wasn't responsive to the antibiotic given. you might call them, describe what you see, and see if they will prescribe a different antibiotic for your sweet boy. I am so sorry......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yawaaaa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sounds to me like an infection that wasn't responsive to the antibiotic given. you might call them, describe what you see, and see if they will prescribe a different antibiotic for your sweet boy. I am so sorry......
I plan to call first thing tomorrow! Good thing the vet is open on weekends. Thanks, it's been a stressful few weeks 😔