Omg! I had a baby!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful baby boy. I had two instantaneous reactions seeing that picture. Tears came to my eyes and I started salivating over the sweetness of him.

Thanks for posting him Carolina I've been waiting all day!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats
He is adorable.

re; bfing, just remember there is lots of help out there if you need it. Contrary to what some ppl think its not "easy", and sometimes there are difficulties...but it is sooooo worth it. As for feeding in front of others, that is YOUR perogative. Once you get used to feeding, you'll be able to do it very discreetly, and noone will see anything. Or if you are not comfortable, then just ask ppl to leave during feed times
Its your baby, your body. You need to be comfortable. There's lots of women on here who have/are bfing if u ever need resources.

Good luck, I hope you stay determined, it really is worth it.
Congrats on your baby boy and I am happy you weren't induced.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
THANKS, EVERYONE!

Still at the Birth Care Center. Got a chance to get on my lap top. Dylan is pretty amazing. And, I have to say, my husband is incredible. My labor traumatized him. I didn't have an easy time but it was worth it. All the nurses tell me how great he is and what a good team we are.

Dylan is still working at the BFing, he has this tongue thing, but we're getting closer!

Originally Posted by mbjerkness

Congratulations
Welcome to the world Dylan
I was actually reading that midwife recipe to induce labor when my water broke!@

Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

Congrats! Try your best to get some rest. It's totally different when you get home. Just relax while BFing. They feel your tension too. Sometimes they aren't hungry right away. Take it easy and follow the docs directions like the sitz bath. I am surprise you didn't have an IV of Antibiotics for the Strep. Most ladies I know have it during labor.
I was on antibiotics. I was pretty exhausted when I posted. I was in labor long enough to get two courses, so Dylan should be fine.

Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Congrats
He is adorable.

re; bfing, just remember there is lots of help out there if you need it. Contrary to what some ppl think its not "easy", and sometimes there are difficulties...but it is sooooo worth it. As for feeding in front of others, that is YOUR perogative. Once you get used to feeding, you'll be able to do it very discreetly, and noone will see anything. Or if you are not comfortable, then just ask ppl to leave during feed times
Its your baby, your body. You need to be comfortable. There's lots of women on here who have/are bfing if u ever need resources.

Good luck, I hope you stay determined, it really is worth it.
Congrats on your baby boy and I am happy you weren't induced.
Thank you so much. I actually have a lot of support, the most important being my husband. It's definitely not easy, and I had read enough to know that it wouldn't be. But I'm very determined. I told Dylan that formula wasn't in the budget! The nurses here are SO awesome. They all know what they are talking about, and all have different experiences and techniques. I really like that fact that we try every two hours, because if someone is holding him too long, I start to miss him but I can be like "Hey, he needs to eat." and we get privacy and get some nice skin-to-skin reconnection time. I love it.

Dylan is pretty awesome. I'm trying really hard to let DH comfort him right from the start, and he's doing well. He can get him calm almost as quick as I can. He's going to be so fantastic!

alicatjoy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on your absolutely precious baby boy! Reading this thread just made my heart swell and seeing Dylan's photo brought tears to my eyes. Congratulations, congratulations, congratulations!

I don't have any advice to offer as I do not yet have children. But, I do wish your family well and you'll continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that Dylan catches on with breast-feeding quickly and that he continues to do well. My hope for him is that he is a happy and healthy baby. And, of course, that you and your husband are happy and healthy too.

It looks like we've welcomed another kitty lover in to this world. Dylan is a handsome, beautiful baby. Enjoy him. I have no doubt that he will bring you and your husband much love and joy.

Welcome, baby Dylan
. And, congratulations to your mommy and daddy!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh he is beautiful - and looks SO happy and peaceful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Continued vibes for you two!

It's great that DH is so comfortable with him.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was actually reading that midwife recipe to induce labor when my water broke!@

That is too funny. When my Mom was pregnant with me. the nurses threatened they were going to make her drink caster oil, as soon as they got back from breakfast. When they got back I was already there.