Older kitten's belly

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've noticed my 8- month old looks like she's got a pronounced tummy, even though she's always been on the small side.

20210110_142714.jpg

Does this look like extra weight, a primordial pouch (I thought she was too young for that), or stomach bloating? Thanks!

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
Looks like a primordial pouch to me.
Everything else is normal with her (eating, drinking, playing, potty)?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Looks like a normal primordial pouch. All spayed and neutered cats have them but it may not be noticeable until months after the procedure.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She seems relatively ok, healthwise. I say relatively because she's had persistent giardia since I got her in October (hasn't been responding to treatment and/or immediately recurs) and she has also had upper respiratory symptoms off and on from the beginning (vet says herpes). But she's been eating and drinking and playing energetically, and gained more than a pound in the last month (she was very small when I got her, and treating her tapeworm seemed to help).

I worry about feeding her too much but keep reading that she should get as much as she wants until she's one. I am also perhaps unreasonably paranoid about FIP (the one downside of following this wonderful forum).