Old Stray Cat

Theoldcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have an appointment to be neutered for an old stray that has been with us for about a year. He has never sprayed in the house after making many visits inside. This last month he disappeared for 30 days. We found him and have an appointment to have him neutered. We don't want to lose him again since we have grown very fond of him. My question is if he has never spayed on our porch or inside do you think he will be ok? He has been in here since Saturday night and nothing. Plus all the times he spent many hours inside. I really want this to work out because we really love him. Any ideas to help him. He is a real calm kitty and very affectionate.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Theoldcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have an appointment to be neutered for an old stray that has been with us for about a year. He has never sprayed in the house after making many visits inside. This last month he disappeared for 30 days. We found him and have an appointment to have him neutered. We don't want to lose him again since we have grown very fond of him. My question is if he has never spayed on our porch or inside do you think he will be ok? He has been in here since Saturday night and nothing. Plus all the times he spent many hours inside. I really want this to work out because we really love him. Any ideas to help him. He is a real calm kitty and very affectionate.
What I meant to say we want to make him an inside kitty

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Doubtful he will spray after neutering since he hasn't so far. He will be forever grateful to have a home now!

Are you already keeping him inside? When is the neuter appointment?

He sounds like a very sweet cat. Thank you for caring for him. :)

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From other comments on TCS threads, it should take about three weeks or so for his hormones to decline to the new "normal". It is very kind of you to take him in. Thank You!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Theoldcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Doubtful he will spray after neutering since he hasn't so far. He will be forever grateful to have a home now!

Are you already keeping him inside? When is the neuter appointment?

He sounds like a very sweet cat. Thank you for caring for him. :)
Yes he has been inside since we brought him home. He hung around my mom's old house and when she sold her house we took him. He was super skinny but gained weight through the summer. He came in our house sometimes. He disappeared this summer for two week but came back. This time it was almost a month. He is a Maine Coon and so smart. He goes to the vet Wednesday

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Our last rescue was was a big male who just showed up, cold and hungry. He never offered to spray around and we brought him in, neutered him and he has never sprayed. Don’t think you will have a problem.
Funny, cats like yours and my big male always seem to know which house to go to.

Thanks for keeping him as an inside guy.

Oh yes, pictures when you can