Old Story

Argentin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My whole life I've had kibble fed female cats, my family was poor and didn't know any better either. In my late teens we adopted our first male cat. He was my baby. He had urinary problems, we didn't realize in time, Petsmart vet (only one available that day) thought he was ok cause he passed a little urine...he wasn't better the next day so we took him to a regular vet but it was too late.

So I haven't had a cat in many years until I adopted my baby girl last year (she wandered into my workplace and leaped into my manager's arms lol). We feed her wet food, but she's weirdly picky (healthy food is a no lol). Then we found a starving kitten on our porch right before Christmas. Of course it's male. So had some emotional moments but adopted him anyway. So now I'm going to go post in the nutrition forum for advice.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to TCS, and thank you for sharing. You did the very best you could for your boy, he knew he was loved, and he left the world comforted by your very presence.

I promise you, your old cat deeply approves of your adoption of that kitten. And now, he will live knowing that he, too, is Somebody's Cat.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations…it is heartwarming & uplifting to read about a passing as well as a transition….welcome, and hope the new life heals your soul.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the new kitten was a sign from your departed boy that it was time to open your heart again. Guided to you by his love. May your first boy always rest in peace......
You have learned valuable lessons from your first boy, they will carry you far in your life's journey with the new little one. Love is meant to be passed on, to be shared, this new kitten needs you as much as you need him. Sometimes the best life's experiences come from unexpected surprises......

Last edited: