Old member returning along with 5 fur babies.

cybella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey folks. :) I joined back in 2012 and used to lurk quite a bit. I totally forgot that I had an account here until earlier today when I tried to sign up with the same email. It's good to be back amongst likeminded cat people! My cat family has grown substantially, all of them rescues with unique stories and even more unique personalities to match.

This is Griffin. He was found in a litter of kittens under a friends front porch. My friend kept his brothers and we were blessed with this amusing lazy cat. He's more commonly referred to as "the puppy" due to his more dog-like habits of playing fetch, wagging his tail when he's happy, and sleeping like this:

Grimm (left) and Mira (right) - Grimm was found as a kitten wandering around a zoo, stalking kangaroos. A zookeeper friend managed to snatch her up and she wound up in our clan of kitties. Her best friend Mira was rescued from a storm drain by one of the local animal shelters. They grew up together and they've remained pretty much inseparable. :)

Panda, the eldest of the kitties, was lost by a friend who moved hundreds of miles away while her father was transporting the cat across state lines. Panda escaped her cat carrier and jumped out of the car window at a rest stop off of the New Jersey turnpike, and was not seen for several months. During the bitter cold winter some time in December 2013, I received a call from my friend that, against all odds, Panda was still alive and a mechanic at the rest stop somehow managed to capture her. I was asked if I could pick her up and since I was relatively close by, I picked her up, brought her to the vet and nursed her back to health. Long story short, this became her forever home since her original owner was unable to take her in because of her living situation at the time. She is one of the most loving and loyal cats I've ever had, and I still feel like every time she snuggles me, it's her way of saying "thank you."

Tom, or Tommy Two-thumbs, is the youngest of the bunch. He's an adorably snuggly polydactyl cat. I found him dodging traffic outside of my workplace about a year ago. I coaxed him into a safer parking lot area, and brought him a can of wet food from a nearby drugstore. Every time I tried to walk away, I'd look behind and see him trailing after me. I had to leave him that night because it was late and I kept reminding myself that I already had enough cats at home. The next day while leaving work, I saw him again, sitting around the same area I had left him the night before. I couldn't resist plopping myself down next to him with another can of cat food, and just sat there with him for a while. Eventually he became trusting enough to let me touch him, and I wound up scruffing him and carrying him into my car. I got on my phone, called my boyfriend and opened with, "Please don't be mad at me..." He instantly responded with, "You got the cat, didn't you?" Yes... yes I did. :)

I wouldn't trade the world for all these lil fluffballs. They fill every day with love and laughter. And they ensure that I never have enough room in my bed as they all pile on top of and around me while I try to sleep. :)

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome back.  What wonderful stories!
  And that is one group of very lucky kitties.  

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
You have found true kitty bliss!  Thanks for taking these darling little ones in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cybella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks everyone.