Old Cat Suddenly Sleeping In Strange Places

katiemarie55

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone!

My cat is around 15 years old and she seems completely fine (eating, drinking, and using the litter box normally) but recently I've found her sleeping or just laying in weird places that she doesn't normally like in a corner in my kitchen, or behind a table in the living room, or underneath a desk.

Like I said, besides that her behavior seems normal and she seems fairly energetic and friendly. I'm just wondering if this is normal behavior or something I should be worried about since I've heard that older cats hiding could be a sign of illness.

I tend to get worried anytime she does anything slightly out of the ordinary since she is older, so if anyone knows what this might be or if it's just completely normal I would appreciate it!

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome!

At 15 years old she is definitely a senior kitty. Has she had a recent vet visit? Also if she hasn’t had recent blood work that’s always a good preventative measure to make sure their organs are working correctly.

Our kitties periodically find new places to sleep or lay, even when they are healthy. If there was an abrupt change and all the new places were more hidden, I’d worry a little too that kitty wasn’t feeling very well. Hopefully it’s minor or nothing, but a vet visit is sometimes a good idea. What is your kitty’s name?

Let us know how he’s feeling! And we always love seeing photos of new kitties!