OK, that's three.....Please let it end now

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We went for a few groceries tonight. Got into the store and put some items in the cart. We were finished and on our way to the check-out when I ran into one of my GFs. She and I started to chat, so Rick said he'd go on up and check-out. My GF and I talked for a while and I realized that I'd better get up front and help Rick. He wasn't around and one of the clerks told me that he had walked out just a few seconds ago. I thanked her and went out to the car.

Only to realize that I had no car keys. Evidently, somewhere along the line, I must have put my keys down to put something in the cart. And then walked away. I asked Rick if he had them....he just shook his head and rolled his eyes. 

I went back into the store and walked over to the service area. The manager was there. I asked him if, by any chance, somebody had brought in a set of car keys. He started laughing, opened the drawer, pulled out my keys, and said, "These look familiar, Pam?" (Yes, he knows Rick and me by name.) I just kind of bowed my head and said, "Thank you." He thought it was hilarious. I was not amused. He said I looked like I was having a bad day. I just replied, "Honey, I've had a bad week! And it's only Monday!" 

1.  Got into somebody's car after my dentist appointment on Thursday morning

2.  Put my iPod into the washer yesterday morning

3.  Lost my car keys at the grocery store tonight

That's three. Now.....I hope that the gremlins go pick on somebody else and leave me alone. For a long time.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can sympathize, I very nearly left my wallet on the counter in the checkout line at the grocery store a few minutes ago.  Kind of freaked my out a little bit.  Thank heavens I noticed it before I got too far because she was closing the lane, I was last one in line.

Glad you found your keys!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

Pam, stay in bed tomorrow! 
I thought about it! I did stay home from work.....

I forgot to mention.....on Monday? I got dressed for work. I've been back to wearing sweatshirts because they still have the AC running in the building. And we stay right around 64 degrees or so. It's way too cold for me at that temp.....heck, it's way too cold for a lot of the employees.

Anyway, I got dressed and threw on a grey sweatshirt-type sweater. Did a final check in the mirror and left for the office. Got in and sat down. Did a few things. When I went into the restroom, I was washing my hands and I looked in the mirror. And saw marks on my grey sweater. I had no idea what they were; I don't wear a lot of make-up or anything like that. 

And then it hit me......a few years ago when we were working on Dear Richard's 60th birthday bash, I was painting the tiki bar outside and I was wearing an old grey sweatshirt-type sweater. It got paint-stained, but I kept the sweater just to wear outside and when doing dirtier chores about the house. And that's the sweater I was wearing. To work. Oy. 
 I don't know how I missed seeing the stains when I did a last mirror-check before I left, but I missed them. 

I couldn't take the sweater off either because I would have turned into an 
 quickly. So every time I left my office, I made sure that I had something to cover the stained area.....papers, a file, my arm, etc. 

Technically, I suppose that was the third thing. Which means that losing my keys starts the whole thing over again??? No, I refuse to believe that! The Gremlins are going to visit another house some place else. I insist....

Will it be YOUR house next??