Oh Crap...the End Of The Ipod Era

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw. :ohwell: I have a shuffle but I've been debating upgrading to something with a screen. I like to be able to look through and chose my music type based on my mood. I love how little it is though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, Karen! I didn't know that!

I use my iPod in the stereo in the living room, on the treadmill in the basement, out when I'm walking, and in my car. I'd be lost without it. And I really do not want to play music on my Turbo.

Apple is selling the iPod Touch for around $200. It's essentially an iPhone without the phone.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Smartphones are replacing a lot of these things. The bad thing about that is that many places with sensitive data won't allow phones in the workplace. Mine is like that because I deal with medical claims that include information about the patients that could be used for identity theft. I use an MP3 player, I borrow audiobooks from the library and listen to them at work.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I use my Smartphone for music now and Bluetooth in the car, but was considering buying an i-pod to have more storage space. Guess I can stop considering now.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
They'll be available for quite a while. You know they still have a huge stock of them to clear out. You'll probably find some good bargains. A lot of older cars and motorcycles have iPod hookups, too, so I'm sure the thing will be around for a good while.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have both the Shuffle and the Nano. The Shuffle was a replacement to the 4th generation iPod Classic that got dropped into water and stopped working. Then I later upgraded to the 7th generation Nano. I like the smaller iPods because they are easy to carry around in a scrub pant pocket or coat or clipped to a shirt. A smartphone-sized thing weighs down my pocket and gets banged around as I'm working.

I hope discontinued iPods will still be able to use future versions of iTunes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We're going to Target today; if they do still have them, I'm going to buy one, just so I have it, when necessary.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
I still use my ipod classic, I think it's 4th generation. I'm very slow to give up technology when it's still functioning. I had a flip phone until I lost it on a plane in November & now I'm using my cousin's old iphone4 that was sitting in his drawer for a couple of years.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I would look at Amazon or ebay too. I am sure they will be around for quite awhile. The gym has ipod hookups at the cardio machines. I just use my phone but agree it's heavy and bulky when running. I never got one because I refuse to pay for music when I can listen for free or buy Cds n burn on my puter..back in the late 1990s we had to convert music into wave file before transferring onto an MP3 player so I never wanted to deal with that bolaney. but guess I should look into it-good idea if it's small enough to not bang around when working out. Guess I will see if I can find an android system one since I don't have apple products at home.